Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 11:28 AM

What have you had no problem giving up?

I no longer do any baking, I never enjoyed it even though I was quite a good cook. Our daughters and their children are excellent cooks and ensure we have home made cakes and other goodies from time to time.

The only alcohol I drink these days is a glass of white wine with my Christmas lunch. Although I have never been drunk in my life, I used to have a small amount of alcohol each week. When it was discovered that the statins I have been taking for my very high familial cholesterol level was damaging my liver, I decided to give up drinking alcohol even though my liver got better after I gave up the statins. I didn't find that hard to do at all.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 11:34 AM

Re: What have you had no problem giving up?

Absolutely nothing.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 11:34 AM

Smoking. Stopped forty years ago and haven't looked at one since.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Good for you.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 12:01 PM

Work, was busier after than when I was working.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 03:36 PM

I’ve had no problem giving up people who don’t make me a priority when I’ve made them a priority!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 04:33 PM

I had no problem giving up alcohol, discovered I never really liked the taste anyway.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 05:08 PM

There was no problem in giving up smoking, it was done 'cold turkey' too. In the past I had not succeeded, this time though there was an aim in doing so. That was being able to save all the money I would have spent on smoking and buy a hand-built sports car I had always wanted. Walking into the car showroom and ordering that car was one of the best feelings ever. Some 40 years' later I still do not smoke and still have the car!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Same here our Judd although mine was 13 years ago. Best thing I ever did
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 09:46 PM

Smoking at 35 over cost and not really from a health point of view. I am a strong willed person so it was not exactly a difficult task or decision. Once I decide to do something, I never fail to follow through with my decision and it has been the same since I can remember. It was the same with biting my nails as a early teenager when some young lady told me it was a disgusting habit. From that day I used nail clippers and never bit any ever again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top