Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 11:16 AM

Re: confrontation

Yeah LD, its probably worse being Ignored publicly than privately.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The trouble with the ignore button is that you have to keep taking them off 'ignore' to read what they posted this time.
Shh! Don't let them know that....!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 11:35 AM

Confrontation: Out for a nice walk with the dog when my phone rang. It was a call for Mrs LD regarding her second jab appointment, so quite important. Mrs LD has been in virtual lockdown for about a year and is not happy about speaking on a mobile. Anyway, this old git walks past and shouts 'Two metres'.

I spend all my working day trying to avoid people that don't observe the two metre rule, now someone has a go at me (us) for not moving out of the way.

I know my reaction should be whatever but the temper in me wanted to thump him. I hate being caught out like that, especiallywhen it involves my family too.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 11:40 AM

I will confront someone if I think it is justified. For instance, I have confronted people, including staff, in the supermarket if they aren't wearing their masks properly. There is no point in wearing one if you don't cover your nose.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I have no problem with confrontation if I feel it is necessary. Invariably it only happens when I feel I'm being bullied in some way or if somebody else is. I don't buy the "Oh I'm entitled to my opinion!" when what is really happening is that is a dressed up way of saying.."I am entitled to rubbish you/ your race/ religion or country i any way I like...no respect included" Long story short when there is no respect..there is a high likelihood of confrontation. I don't enjoy it or look for it. BUt I don't avoid it either. I don't expect to always be deferred to just because I am ME! neither do I expect to always be agreed with. I am talking about common garden variety manners.
Good post Keezoy imo!!
I only react on occasion, if l feel someone is doing something
deliberately, if l see it is just being inconsiderate l will just nudge them
and then say sorry??
It usually works !!

Donkeyman!! 🤔🤔
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
I will confront someone if I think it is justified. For instance, I have confronted people, including staff, in the supermarket if they aren't wearing their masks properly. There is no point in wearing one if you don't cover your nose.
And expect a smack in the nose? Not the way to do so at our age.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
And expect a smack in the nose? Not the way to do so at our age.
You say the silliest things!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
You say the silliest things!
Sometimes deliberately, sometimes inadvertently, but on this occasion I think not. There are some really nasty Boomer-hating people around now.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Sometimes deliberately, sometimes inadvertently, but on this occasion I think not. There are some really nasty Boomer-hating people around now.
I agree. I asked somebody (customer) to put their mask on in work when they had an armful of stuff (no basket). They immediately dropped everything at my feet and walked out effing and jeffing saying they weren't having a woman telling them what to do! I replied that a woman already had - Nicola Sturgeon!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top