Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 10:33 AM

Re: Have you locked your car.

OMG they would have a field day here, so many particular in winter pull up at the shops and leave the engine running while they go in to shop , well car is warm afterwards, why should anyone want to steal it and if they did they wouldnt get far , no roads to turn off onto, and the police would stop them at some point farther along lol
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 10:49 AM

A few years ago I was warned not to even leave change on view in the little slots provided in some cars for parking meter change, as some little tow rag will quite happily smash a window just for a couple of quid.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
OMG they would have a field day here, so many particular in winter pull up at the shops and leave the engine running while they go in to shop , well car is warm afterwards, why should anyone want to steal it and if they did they wouldnt get far , no roads to turn off onto, and the police would stop them at some point farther along lol
You have police in Norway? Wow!

We should think about having some here.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 11:08 AM

I don't lock my car, ever

She's an old girl (like me) and sometimes the locking mechanism decides not to work properly and sets the alarm off when unlocking. Not good at 6am

There's noting in it worth stealing, work clothes, change of shoes, grandkids litter,that's about it
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 11:54 AM

My car locks automatically if it has been left unlocked for more than a minute, providing the keys have been removed from the ignition.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 12:28 PM

Some will steal anything. My mate came back to his car to find a window smashed. Nothing was in it worth stealing, and it took him a few days to realise what had gone. It was one of those popular toy dogs of the time that stuck to the window with suction feet. A free garage toy for a £60 window.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You have police in Norway? Wow!

We should think about having some here.
yes we have , but as rare as hens teeth, good job most road off shoots go nowhere
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 12:49 PM

This happened to one of my daughter’s friend.
She put several parcels in the boot of her car to post back to Amazon the next day.
Using the same method, someone stole all the parcels.

My mother was always drumming into me, never to leave money on show, as someone would break into your house or car to steal it!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 01:16 PM

It’s an offence to leave your car unattended with the engine running plus the insurance will be void if the car is stolen, same if you leave the car unlocked and it is stolen or things are stolen from it, you have to take reasonable care with your cars security..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 06:31 PM

Hi

Never locally.
No self respecting thief would be seen dead in my car.

I do lock it in Stoke however, they are not very fussy there.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top