Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 10:21 PM

Re: Is it time to let Alfie go ?

Good post,
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
, what will happen to him if they die before him, who will care for him then,
I had an Uncle, he died only few years ago. He was mentally handicaped and could do absolutely nothing for himself. The age difference between him & I was only a few months. He was ok, normal when he was born. They think perhaps something bit him, or he trod on something in the sea when we were on holiday in Rhyl when we were 4.

I can remember my Nan crying and saying those very words Deylon......Who is going to look after him once i've gone.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 04:33 PM

The latest Court has just given their opinion, and the parents have lost again.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-43788247
Is there anywhere else they can go from here ?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
The latest Court has just given their opinion, and the parents have lost again.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-43788247
Is there anywhere else they can go from here ?
I hope they now take the poor little chap off the life support and let him die in piece.
SamTheMan
Merseyside

16-04-2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I hope they now take the poor little chap off the life support and let him die in piece.
They've lost a lot of support in Liverpool 'cos, Alfie's Army have been demonstrating outside Alder Hey, intiminating visitors to the hospital who had sick children themselves, if they refused to join the demonstration, And there have been threats against nurses & doctors trying to find their home addresses, even threats to burn the hospital down. Numerous callers to the local radio describe Alfies Army as scum.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
They've lost a lot of support in Liverpool 'cos, Alfie's Army have been demonstrating outside Alder Hey, intiminating visitors to the hospital who had sick children themselves, if they refused to join the demonstration, And there have been threats against nurses & doctors trying to find their home addresses, even threats to burn the hospital down. Numerous callers to the local radio describe Alfies Army as scum.
That is terrible!
SamTheMan
Merseyside

16-04-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
That is terrible!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-43781041
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 08:06 PM

Their latest appeal has now been turned down.True it is hard to let go but do they want to see their son always needing care,never able to be like other children?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Their latest appeal has now been turned down.True it is hard to let go but do they want to see their son always needing care,never able to be like other children?
I wonder if they are hoping for a new cure later on, I know if I had a child in this position I'd be looking at the chance of medicine finding an answer, if you let the child die that chance is lost forever. This is why I said earlier someone needs to talk gently to them not in this adversarial way, having spoken to doctors and nurses over the years I can honestly say some have the bedside manner of Attila the Hun, what's needed is a sympathetic ear to talk them through all this.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 09:42 AM

It's costs a massive amount of money and resources to keep Alfie alive .
Doctors can't keep every child alive in the hope of a cure there would be no room for the children they CAN cure.
This was brought up by the doctors in the recent TV programmes your child's life .
He said he was besieged and shouted at by surgeons begging for a bed for their patients in the PICU -children that could be treated successfully .
Medicine has advanced so much doctors can keep children alive that they have no way of treating .
This little boy is one of them.
Should we keep children alive just because we can ?
The poor little soul has no quality of life at all .
He 's not really living as if taken off the machines he would die.
However saying this the parents are the parents .
If they want to take him to Italy why not let them?

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top