Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 12:47 PM

Is it time to let Alfie go ?

I'm sure there's nobody that doesn't have sympathy for young Alfie, the baby suffering in hospital, with no hope he'll recover. We must all feel sorry for his parents who have fought so hard for their Son to be kept alive. But is it now time for them to say goodnight ?
Police had to be called last night after hundeds of supporters of the family gathered outside Alder Hey. On our local radio today a hospital spokesman has asked that the abuse of staff should stop, they are there to care for all their patienrs. There have been comments from other parents who are in the hospital and are being disturbed when they're ill.

https://news.sky.com/story/alfie-eva...otest-11328278
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 01:27 PM

Re: Is it time to let Alfie go ?

It is cruel keeping this poor child alive, it is time to let him go.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 01:33 PM

The decision should IMO be taken out of the parents hands .
They have done their best it's not possible to let your child go .
Let them take him home and let nature take its course.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 01:41 PM

Probably but there has to be someone can persuade the family gently. It can't be right to turn off life support without parental agreement surely ?
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 01:46 PM

I have wondered..... Who is paying for all this ? What sort of jobs do the parents have ? All these legal fees, and they say they've a private jet waiting to take them to Rome.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
I have wondered..... Who is paying for all this ? What sort of jobs do the parents have ? All these legal fees, and they say they've a private jet waiting to take them to Rome.
People from around the world donate to these causes Sam, that's where the money comes from. Private jet is most likely a rich person decided to donate the journey to the appeal.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Probably but there has to be someone can persuade the family gently. It can't be right to turn off life support without parental agreement surely ?
It can and should be done, they are being selfish and cruel keeping the poor little chap alive, imo.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 08:54 PM

The court has decided his life support should be stopped but his parents are planning to fight this decision. I know it must be heartbreaking but this is [ I think ] the third such case ,the other parents also lost in the end despite their efforts.What are the parents thinking of,condemming this poor baby to a life where he can do nothing for himself, what will happen to him if they die before him, who will care for him then,there is no guarantee he will improve if they go to Rome
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The decision should IMO be taken out of the parents hands .
They have done their best it's not possible to let your child go .
Let them take him home and let nature take its course.
I agree with this
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 10:13 PM

In some ways I think improvement in medical science have added a new layer of misery to such cases. Just because it's possible to keep a child alive, it doesn't mean they should.

And yet, for the parents, the decision to let them stop treatment must be heartbreaking and well nigh impossible. How could you ever stop hoping and give up? It would feel like a betrayal and must be the bravest, hardest thing anyone has to do.

It's completely different for us to see it's time to let him go, for the parents , grief and anger must be driving them to insanity, they won't be in any state to be rational so I think it's right the decision is made for them.

But I can fully understand the fury they'd feel about that and their need to fight.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top