Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 04:48 PM

Re: Painting a ceramic horse.

I went to this exhibition recently and thought you might like to see some warriors and horses over 2000 years old and only discovered in 1974. Originally they would have been brightly painted but when they were exposed to light the paint did not survive. Wonderful exhibition if you can manage see it.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
I went to this exhibition recently and thought you might like to see some warriors and horses over 2000 years old and only discovered in 1974. Originally they would have been brightly painted but when they were exposed to light the paint did not survive. Wonderful exhibition if you can manage see it.
Fantastic. I would love to see the exhibition in China. They were in London many years ago but I never got around to seeing them.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Fantastic. I would love to see the exhibition in China. They were in London many years ago but I never got around to seeing them.
I was speaking to a couple who had seen them in situ in China. I've put that on my bucket list
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 05:01 PM

I was speaking to a couple who had seen them in situ in China. I've put that on my bucket list
Yes. I agree.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have some horses like this but they are green bronze. .
I have not seen them for 20 years they are packed away .
They came from the Bronze factory in Hong Kong and are copies of museum pieces .

Reminded me of this one I have in my garden no idea what metal it is. My hubby was presented with it by a Chinese company he did business with years ago.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	34584581_10157028624490839_7187789514029400064_o[1].jpg
Views:	86
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	6140  
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I still like the green. Personally, if I collect things I like to have variations on a theme if you know what I mean.
Have to admit the more I see the green horse the more I am liking it. I spoke to my daughter this morning and Whatsapped her a photo. She liked it too.

Originally Posted by summer ->
Reminded me of this one I have in my garden no idea what metal it is. My hubby was presented with it by a Chinese company he did business with years ago.
Wow that is beautiful Summer. A real treasure.

I'm not particularly mad on horses as such but this style of horse I just like. Especially the size. I am a big fan of Terry Pratchett Disk World books and the green horse I have just bought reminds me of the golem horses in Making Money

Hi Leia.
Brilliant photos of the exhibition. They just confirm that I am definitely going up to Liverpool to see the exhibition before it closes in October. I would like to go either soon before the kids break up or after the school hols in September. May not be as busy as during the hols.
Leia
UK

06-06-2018, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->

Hi Leia.
Brilliant photos of the exhibition. They just confirm that I am definitely going up to Liverpool to see the exhibition before it closes in October. I would like to go either soon before the kids break up or after the school hols in September. May not be as busy as during the hols.
Book online in advance MC, tickets are selling out fast, the exhibition is very popular. They give you a time slot to go in but you can stay in as long as you like. That bronze horse is just wow.

I do like your horses and the green one is very nice
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes they are like that I love them and hope to see them again before I pop my clogs
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 08:35 AM

Great pictures Leia, makes me want to go see it all.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top