Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 11:33 AM

Re: England - The New Dawn

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
And only one match. Mind you the weather has been nice.
Two England World Cup matches, actually, but as my last post explained: It's a lot more than that (to make me refer to a "new dawn").

The revolution is well under way.
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Here it is (fresh of the press and exclusive):

with defenders having the skill and composure to play the ball out of defence (rather than just lumping it all the time).
Oh come on !! it is many years since England defenders main tool was thumping it down field. For years they have majored in time wasting ineffectual retention of the ball as they played out of defence, so called, only to give it away the moment they tried anything resembling skill. Square passes, back passes, we have been excellent at that providing there was no opposition nearby.

We have lacked any players since Bobby Moore with the defensive skills allied to passing skills required at the top level. So far we have played two minnows, let's see what happens when we face some decent opposition. Certainly we shall have to step up on anything seen for many years.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 06:55 AM

Last nights match .

Was this just a lack lustre performance or a deliberate ploy to avoid playing Brazil in the next round ?

If so is this sporting ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 07:02 AM

My thought Muddy, my as well watch a Chess Game, on one front though, we did win, 39-36.

Spits that is.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
All together now!

There's only one Gareth Southgate
One Gareth Southgate
There's only one Gareth Southgate
ONE GARETH SOUTGATE
ETC
Never heard of him!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 07:58 AM

I found last night’s match very boring .... bring on Wimbledon!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I found last night’s match very boring .... bring on Wimbledon!
Oh gawd ping pong for the coma crowd.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Oh gawd ping pong for the coma crowd.
It’s good exercise for the neck too Nom
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Last nights match .

Was this just a lack lustre performance or a deliberate ploy to avoid playing Brazil in the next round ?

If so is this sporting ?
A ploy that has been used many many times in the world of football domestic and international, the end justifies the means as Gareth Southgate would say.

Belgium has now been dumped with Brazil a good result for England.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 10:28 AM

There's no way they were going all out to win. Normally, England have a last minute spell, where they look like they are going to score but don't. Last night, they were still back passing in the dying seconds. If you want to score goals, you put your top goal scorer on, not leave him on the bench.

Personally, I think Southgate announced they intended to win but told the players not to. If we do well in the next round, last night's boring match will be forgotten.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top