Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:17 PM

Re: Do you have a favourite choice of Hoover .

I don't have enough vacuum cleaners to have a "favourite"
I just have one old Hoover, which I use to clean the whole house - it's probably past its prime but it does the job, so I'll probably stick with it until its heart stops beating as it sweeps as it cleans.

I do have a "Henry" vacuum cleaner in the garage, which I use for vacuum cleaning the car - and sucking up sawdust and debris when I'm doing bits of work in the garage. I think old Henry is past his prime too.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 08:32 AM

The Dyson stick is my favourite every time I’ve a v7 motor head also a second not sure of model .
My pink Henrietta sister to Henry has been retired to the cupboard under the stairs I don’t need it ...to heavy .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 09:32 AM

I really want to make sure,I buy the best Hoover,imo,..please,those who have a shark or a Dyson ,let me know,how old they are?...thank you.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I really want to make sure,I buy the best Hoover,imo,..please,those who have a shark or a Dyson ,let me know,how old they are?...thank you.
I have a V6 which is just coming up to 12 months old, still works like new despite being used daily and having had to deal with the loose fluff off a brand new carpet, plus dog hairs.

The other one is now obsolete, is about 4 years old, still works as good as new.

I think there are newer models than the V6 but not sure if they're any better.

This is an independent review of the V6....

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/dyson/dyson-v6

In that review it says it's better on carpet than hard floors but from my experience it's just as good on both, and was bought primarily for hard floors.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 10:12 AM

I have had my Shark for about 6 months now - it was recommended by a friend who has had hers for over a year. Both of us are delighted with them! I should add they are not the cordless ones. We were warned not to chose one of those.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 12:54 PM

I still work away with my Miele cat and dog which whilst looking battered, works as good as the day I took delivery of it 14 years ago
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 03:13 PM

I have two, but use my Shark the most. It has good maneuverability under beds and tight turning control for edging. It is corded, but plenty long enough to do the entire house for me. Love the bagless feature, can cleaner cannister and not blow dust and lint back into the air.
The other is a Dirt Devil upright, but it has a heavy head so doesn't clean in tight places as well. I do love the beater brush, though.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 04:20 PM

Thank you everyone,for replying...I am still pondering ,on which one to buy!..but at least I have my hand held one,to keep me going,for now.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top