Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 03:08 PM

The EU Will Break It's Own Rules If It Doesn't Bend On Brexit.

I didn't know that!! Just been reading an article in the Telegraph below, what do you think about this?

According to reporting by the UK Telegraph, EU leaders in Brussels run the risk of violating its own laws if it refuses to make any compromises in Brexit negotiations, as warned by ministers involved in the trade negotiations.

KEY QUOTES

"Senior Whitehall sources said last night that if the UK crashes out of Europe without a deal, we will make it clear whose fault it was". The EU "keeps stalling" and bringing the prospect of no deal ever closer, they say, even though the Lisbon Treaty requires it to do everything it can to find a workable arrangement with Britain".

Meanwhile, David Davis, the former Brexit Secretary, warned Brussels it will be making a "massive miscalculation" if it thinks Britain is not ready to walk away without a deal.

It came after Liam Fox, the International Trade Secretary, said: "a no deal Brexit was now a "60-40" probability because of the "intransigence" of the European Commission.
Dr Fox said the "theological obsession of the unelected" in Brussels was standing in the way of a deal being agreed because it was taking "priority over the economic well-being of the people of Europe".

Downing Street insisted that Theresa May was still "confident" of getting a good deal but there was no attempt to rebuke Dr Fox for his comments.

A senior Whitehall source said: "We have made an offer that some people think is on the generous side and the EU has to know we are not kidding "If they don't like our offer they need to come back and say what the alternative is,
but they can't just keep stalling. "They also need to accept that we've done nothing wrong. We left under the terms of the Lisbon Treaty, which says they have obligations to help us.

David Davis said: "The Lisbon Treaty requires them to come up with a workable arrangement and that's certainly not the description of their behaviour at the moment". He told the Daily Telegraph there was a danger of a no deal Brexit happening because of a "misjudgement" by the EU that the UK Parliament will do anything to secure a deal, reminding his former opposite number Michael Barnier, that EU member states have more to lose from a no deal Brexit than the UK.

unquote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 06:10 PM

Re: The EU Will Break It's Own Rules If It Doesn't Bend On Brexit.

Hi

A weird solution to the problem.

It is not one of mine, it is direct from Brexitcentral.

https://brexitcentral.com/eu-enclave...reak-deadlock/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 09:52 PM

It's very simple.

Walk away now.

I am confident that it will not take long for either the EU as a whole, or possibly some individual EU nations, to come to US asking for a trade deal.

Just wait and see, although of course that would depend upon our glorious leaders getting their fingers out, wouldn't it?

Of that I am far less confident.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's very simple.

Walk away now.

I am confident that it will not take long for either the EU as a whole, or possibly some individual EU nations, to come to US asking for a trade deal.

Just wait and see, although of course that would depend upon our glorious leaders getting their fingers out, wouldn't it?

I don't see May having the support or confidence to walk away, JBR.

In fact, I'm beginning to suspect that our EU friends will tell her to reverse our Article 50 date and take another year or so of "negotiation".

What would she do if they took that approach?

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 09:43 AM

It's very simple.

Walk away now.

Hi

Nonsense.

If Individual EU Nations want a Free Trade Deal with the UK they would have to leave the EU first.

The EU has offered a Free Trade Deal under WTO Rules, we have refused it.

We want more than Canada, South Korea and Japan.

We are not going to get it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I don't see May having the support or confidence to walk away, JBR.

In fact, I'm beginning to suspect that our EU friends will tell her to reverse our Article 50 date and take another year or so of "negotiation".

What would she do if they took that approach?

She'd lose the next general election.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 10:22 AM

She'd lose the next general election.
I won"t be crying when she does.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-08-2018, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I won"t be crying when she does.
I think the majority of us would agree.

The woman is not only incompetent and treacherous, she is also an embarrassment.

Did you see her grossly overdone curtsy to Young Will in Amiens yesterday?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 03:11 PM

I think the majority of us would agree.

The woman is not only incompetent and treacherous, she is also an embarrassment.

Did you see her grossly overdone curtsy to Young Will in Amiens yesterday?
No, I had some paint drying, so I watched that instead!

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-08-2018, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
No, I had some paint drying, so I watched that instead!

Very wise. I only watched it for the military bands.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top