Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 12:21 PM

Re: Scotland, England and the EU

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Don't waste your time Weedeek, The Scots get shouted down on here all the time, I learned that the hard way as did other Scottish Members. Like you I wanted and still want an Independent Scotland, it would have gone that way too I'm certain, if they had not lied through their teeth and put the pressure on hard with their Project Fear. A lot of the sheep were terrified they would lose their pensions ect. Madness as it's still paid to Ex Pats in Spain and other Countries. Too many relied on the box in their living room and the newspapers, both spouting lie after lie. Only now are the no voters seeing the way they were conned and a lot of minds are changing.
Roxy!! You’ve restored my faith, thought I was a voice in the wilderness for a wee while. Agree with all you say. The fight goes on and we will not be silenced.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 12:26 PM

Don't waste your time Weedeek, The Scots get shouted down on here all the time, I learned that the hard way as did other Scottish Members. Like you I wanted and still want an Independent Scotland, it would have gone that way too I'm certain, if they had not lied through their teeth and put the pressure on hard with their Project Fear. A lot of the sheep were terrified they would lose their pensions ect. Madness as it's still paid to Ex Pats in Spain and other Countries. Too many relied on the box in their living room and the newspapers, both spouting lie after lie. Only now are the no voters seeing the way they were conned and a lot of minds are changing.
Roxy!! You’ve restored my faith, thought I was a voice on the wilderness for a wee while. The fight goes on and we won’t be silenced. Agree with all you say. 😍
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland

21-08-2018, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It is sad you feel like that Roxy. I for one love Scotland and it's people. I think it would be a real shame to lose you and if I'm honest, you would probably be better off without England.
Jings! An outbreak of mutual respect. Good for you Longdogs. 👍
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 12:55 PM

Great post Roxy,and You know I agree with every word of it ...Don't lose hope,Our time WILL come again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Jings! An outbreak of mutual respect. Good for you Longdogs. 👍
Of course weedeek. I have always felt like that. All I am saying is that you being controlled by England is the same as England being controlled by Europe.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 01:02 PM

Some of Us Scots don't want to be WITHOUT England..We just want to be out from under the jackboot (a word used a lot on here about the EU)which is Westminsters rule,I also feel when the Scots who voted to remain in the Union four years ago,will be thinking twice now They can see what a balls up this Tory government are making of Brexit...
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

21-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Of course weedeek. I have always felt like that. All I am saying is that you being controlled by England is the same as England being controlled by Europe.
Too true LD...BUT We're not being controlled by England,but by the Westminster Government.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 01:50 PM

So Scotland is ten times smaller than England and England is ten times smaller than France or Germany. We are also used to being outvoted when it comes to matters concerning Europe. I think the majority of English want to keep Scotland as part of the union but if Scotland had voted to leave, we would have accepted the result, sad as it would be.
UK out voted THE FACTS

Farage record fighting for our fishery industry (Remember his flotilla on the Thames ?) HERE

Farage's EU pension HERE
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 01:50 PM

Spot on May, I have several good friends in England as well as family. I like visiting too. It's just Westminster.
John leave
Hertfordshire
John leave is male  John leave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 04:53 PM

So if you had more control of the running of Scotland woul you be happy to remain a part of Britain as we are one island.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top