Join for free
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 03:20 AM

Flirting before bonding on this site

I've been on this forum for two months, mostly observing the interaction of both males and females. I like what I see for the most part. There seems to be genuine flirting, caring, concern and bonding between members. The women make me smile with the teasing among themselves, and the support they offer up when the guys begin trying their hand at flirting is part of what makes this forum work.

Over 50, or 60, or 70 doesn't slow us down at connecting in all the ways that make for warm and geniune relationships.

Do you agree? Care to share anything, because I've got the time to be entertained.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 03:44 AM

Re: Flirting before bonding on this site

Yes, I'd say it's all good fun, Right Now, because "flirting" with one another (as long as that's all it is, nobody is out to chat anybody up) is all part of the banter, the camararderie on a social media forum.

Having fun in this way is far more preferable to arguing all the time, which happens too as well, but I think we all retain our respect for one another at the and of the day.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 03:56 AM

It's good to hear. The last site I was on, some of the guys became very crude in Personal Messages. Once I realized it was not going to get any better, I left, even though a lot of the guys and gals were very nice.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
It's good to hear. The last site I was on, some of the guys became very crude in Personal Messages. Once I realized it was not going to get any better, I left, even though a lot of the guys and gals were very nice.
I'm not a big fan of PMs at all, except if they are from people who are genuinely concerned about something you have written in a post.
I've had PMs from people (one who does this almost every week) who are complaining about other members and I think "Why are they telling me about this problem they have?". What do they want me to do about it? I don't agree with people using PMs as a kind of 'behind the scenes' method of making snide comments.
As you say though, Sage, most members use the facility in a well meaning manner
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 04:19 AM

Glad you like us* Right Now.*
Smile
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 04:26 AM

There is genuine caring on this site, no doubt. This site definitely has plenty of flirting but it’ appears all innocent and upfront as far as I can tell.
I don’t think age slows us down from wanting to have fun socially.
I’m a bit more reserved than some but I don’t fancy using the PM system to interact with others. That’s why I’m on a forum .
I’ve had members want to gossip about other members via PM but I am REALLY not into that whatsoever and I’m especially not interested in flirting with the opposite sex via PM. I had to let a member know that I was not into that but he at least was respectful about it.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 06:57 AM

I think we are all quite caring on this site, we look after each other.
Flirting can be fun, we all enjoy a bit of flirting on here.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:08 AM

I'm glad you like it here righty.. I agree I think this is a lovely site
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:17 AM

PMs are overused for general chat, they should be for emergencies only.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
PMs are overused for general chat, they should be for emergencies only.
I can't remember when I last used the PM facility Spitty..I just say stuff here.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top