Join for free
Page 3 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 09:25 AM

Re: Flirting before bonding on this site

Originally Posted by summer ->
I suppose it's what the individual classes as flirting....
Flirting is just friendly banter to me and married people can do that....surely it's allowed
summer, I always thought ‘flirting’ was sort of ‘chatting up’.

Anyway, this is what the dictionary states...

Behave as though sexually attracted to someone, but playfully rather than with serious intentions.
"she began to tease him, flirting with other men in front of him"
synonyms: trifle with, toy with, tease, lead on, philander with, dally with, make romantic advances to.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 09:28 AM

FLIRTING!! who..where?..how very dare They.. ..I used to have a wee flirt with a funny Member who no longer posts until He found out I was old enough to be His Mum ..I miss Him.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think flirting online is acceptable because the chances of anything happening because of it are extremely low, whereas in real life it can go much further.
Longy, l wonder what the flirter’s spouses think but l suppose it’s their little secret!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, l wonder what the flirter’s spouses think but l suppose it’s their little secret!

I also think that as well...you can laugh a flirt off in everyday life but words stay on the internet don't they

“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
FLIRTING!! who..where?..how very dare They.. ..I used to have a wee flirt with a funny Member who no longer posts until He found out I was old enough to be His Mum ..I miss Him.

,you are so funny May!.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-09-2018, 09:35 AM

I am now wondering because Right Now is American and some meanings of the words differ to our words. Does she mean banter, rather than flirting?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 09:35 AM

summer, I always thought ‘flirting’ was sort of ‘chatting up’.

Anyway, this is what the dictionary states...

Behave as though sexually attracted to someone, but playfully rather than with serious intentions.
"she began to tease him, flirting with other men in front of him"
synonyms: trifle with, toy with, tease, lead on, philander with, dally with, make romantic advances to.
Oops philander with dally with and make romantic advances.... I think I'm missing out on something here.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 09:39 AM

I am now wondering because Right Now is American and some meanings of the words differ to our words. Does she mean banter, rather than flirting?
I'm wondering the same.

flirting 2.
a. To treat something playfully or superficially: flirt with danger.
b. To consider something playfully or superficially: flirted with the idea of opening a restaurant.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/flirting
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-09-2018, 09:42 AM

Reading the dictionary meaning for flirting.

I think the word ‘tease’ is a bit of a sordid word and doesn’t really have a very nice ring to it.

I can imagine some lech saying, ‘Oh you little tease, you’, as their eyes narrow and they froth at the mouth!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 09:49 AM

I don't see imyself as a flirting on here I see it as banter, I think i.m the same with both men and women but don't quote me on that lol. I like to have fun on here, life can be very serious and I see this forum as a bit of an escape while at the same time caring for my fellow forum members. It doesn't bother me if I see others flirting I guess that's their way of having fun.

Page 3 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top