Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 06:20 PM

Have you ever really “ lost it “?

Have you ever really lost your temper with someone? to the point of the red mist descending, I’m not talking fisticuffs or anything, just getting a bit shouty, I have come close only once at a place I used to work, I was covering someone’s job while he was off sick, and when he returned he accused me of basically being lazy and not doing the job, well I REALLY lost it with him I hate being accused of something I haven’t done, I calmed down eventually after I realised he was winding me up
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 06:25 PM

Re: Have you ever really “ lost it “?

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Have you ever really lost your temper with someone? to the point of the red mist descending, I’m not talking fisticuffs or anything, just getting a bit shouty, I have come close only once at a place I used to work, I was covering someone’s job while he was off sick, and when he returned he accused me of basically being lazy and not doing the job, well I REALLY lost it with him I hate being accused of something I haven’t done, I calmed down eventually after I realised he was winding me up
I admire your self control.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 07:48 PM

No Primus, I don't think I have.
What has prompted this thread?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 07:51 PM

Hi

I am the opposite, when I go very quiet and very polite that is when I am most annoyed.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
No Primus, I don't think I have.
What has prompted this thread?
Just askin!,!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 08:49 PM

I tend to get annoyed after the event which annoys me.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 08:54 PM

Yes I have. A friend & I were bird watching in a reserve & there is a gate off the path, that says no entry beyond this point due to nesting wild fowl & other birds. Please keep all dogs on leads. Controlled area. A couple came towards us with a very energetic Spaniel, off it's lead. It dashed passed us, under the gate & went rampaging through that area. I saw red. Told it's owners exactly what I thought about them. The man said, 'Oh he won't hurt anything', 'Not the point', said I, 'he's still scaring the wild life half to death'. 'Call him back & put him on a lead, can't you read?' Then I pointed out the sign. But this time they were blustering at me, I got madder, they called the dog & finally he came back, they put him on a lead & rapidly walked off. My friend was most impressed, she had never seen me like that before. We were both dressed in clothing that probably made us look like wardens & that couple probably thought we were. I just hope they got the message & kept their mad Spaniel on it's lead around that area in future. Not the dogs fault, it's bad owners that are the problem.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 09:18 PM

Yes. Big time.
Let's just say at one end of the scale I had 'a very quick temper' and at the other end was the 'really lost it big time'.

My excuse is I'm Aries
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes. Big time.
Let's just say at one end of the scale I had 'a very quick temper' and at the other end was the 'really lost it big time'.

My excuse is I'm Aries
My sister is Aries too, Pesta, and her temper is off the scale. Had many a run in with her.

Myself, I have my moments but I tend to flare up very quickly and then it's over. I go away and occupy my mind with something else. In fact I'm more likely to lose my rag on social media platforms than in real life these days.

There are perhaps less than a handful of really angry moments I'd rather forget and turn back the clock on in my life, but I'm not one to bear grudges and end up aplogising when it's not even my fault.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
My sister is Aries too, Pesta, and her temper is off the scale. Had many a run in with her.

Myself, I have my moments but I tend to flare up very quickly and then it's over. I go away and occupy my mind with something else. In fact I'm more likely to lose my rag on social media platforms:091: than in real life these days.

There are perhaps less than a handful of really angry moments I'd rather forget and turn back the clock on in my life, but I'm not one to bear grudges and end up aplogising when it's not even my fault.
Get away, really?

Sorry, don't shout... I'm fragile.

What star sign are you Floydysaurus?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top