Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:11 PM

Re: Have you ever really “ lost it “?

Yes, a couple of times. The first time was when i saw three teenagers throwing stones at ducks on a pond. I told them to stop, they told me to f off. I said if they didn't stop they would all end up getting very wet. They didn't so they got very wet. The second time i will keep to myself.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:16 PM

Yes, with my now ex husband. Won't go into details or explanations but we came out of it divorced.
I can no longer be pushed around by anyone, and I put that across very quickly these days.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:17 PM

Not really, I'm so laid back I'm almost horizontal.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:21 PM

I usually go quiet and if its possible I cut that person out of my life... I've lost some good pals because I'm not very forgiving.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I usually go quiet and if its possible I cut that person out of my life... I've lost some good pals because I'm not very forgiving.
That's what I do too summer, cut them out and walk away. Thinking back it was really therapeutic to do that.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
What star sign are you Floydysaurus?
Libra, Pesta.....unbalanced
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:47 PM

Behind the wheel of the car. Only when driving alone though. Nobody would ever expect me to use such expletives.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Libra, Pesta.....unbalanced
My first husband was Libra
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:58 PM

yes but only once with extreme justification.
In 1992 BT were asking for staff if they wanted to take early retirement,so I put my name down but cutting a long story short I didn't get it.

In 1993 they offered it again with slightly different arrangements. So again I put my name down and got accepted a few weeks later. the difference was we had to work for 12 weeks before we left.

Well Sue and I put the house on the market and had a sale within days also we were in the process of moving and buying the kennels. staying as SIL place in the meantime house sold

3 days before I was due to leave ( I already had a customer moaning at me about another engineer that morning) I got paged to go into the office. The level one manager said sorry but your not leaving you are staying on working for BT.
YES JUST 3 DAYS BEFORE GOING FOR GOOD

Well I really lost it not big time but completely. House virtually sold- contacts only needed signing for the kennels- removal people standing by, Well almost in that position

Just saw red and all our future going down the pan, so I went for him, the level one manager. It took 4 guys to pull me off him and he ran into his office space and locked the door. I would have crippled him for life I was that enraged

All the front office women stopped work and all hell broke loose.

I ask you I had worked for BT for 21 years with commendations from customers. offered EVR and got accepted then they waited until 3 days before going and told I wasn't .

because of this the pratt manager he said it was best I went as he didn't want staff like that, so I got out under a cloud. Still got my BT pension-golden handshake and certificate for the years i had worked for BT.

Found out much later why they didn't want me to go is because only myself and one other engineer were qualified to work on at least 15 different types of switchboards , they had to employ those that left the year before on a self employed basis to get the work done.

This is how they treated their engineers, we were not people just a number to push around as they liked without any thought of the hurt-damage and cruelty they inflict on their staff.

i had already given up any breaks during the day for the previous couple of years and often worked late to get a job finished without overtime pay only to get home 2/3 hours later than i should have done. getting megraine headaches every night and pyhsically sick on the way home as well. this is why I wanted out.

never been like that before or since it is not my nature to do that but you can provoke someone to breaking point and I had reached it

The preesure BT but on staff was impossible

for example

When I first joined BT to provide an extn phone we were allowed 3.5 hours after we reached the property. When I left they had cut that down to 1.5 hrs including travelling time which took up at least a quarter of it. Instead of say a job AM and another PM it went to 4/5 jobs a day which was impossible , then customers complained we failed on appointments. Most of the guys were cracking up, but did management care? no
That happened after BT went private and shareholders were tha main consideration

it took me at least 6 months to not get stressed out when we eventually bought the kennels
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 11:00 PM

I can feel angry, but I don't anger easily, it takes a lot.

Even then I am more likely to curse and mutter under my breath, or perhaps to a friend, than actually have a slanging match with the offending person.

Sadly, there is one family member who upset me a great deal a while back, and like others have said, I had to cut him out of my life to avoid any more hurt or stress.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top