Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 11:02 PM

Re: Have you ever really “ lost it “?

I'm a Libra. We are usually the peacemakers.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 11:25 PM

I haven't lost it for a while - I don't tend to as I've got older, but my Chinese neighbours are starting to pi$$ me off.

It's the smell of their cooking - it's not a nice smell, like fish or something. It has permeated the whole stair and I can smell it strongly in my kitchen and even in my bedroom. It appears that the smell is ingrained somehow. Not like how you would cook your tea and it would smell whilst cooking and maybe for an hour afterwards once everything is all washed up but would then go away

This smell seems permanent. I don't think I would lose it with them but am considering writing a polite letter to the man who is the only one who speaks English.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I usually go quiet and if its possible I cut that person out of my life... I've lost some good pals because I'm not very forgiving.
I used to spout off when in my 30s, but since I turned 50, I deal with anger at others just as you do, Summer. It is not worth the aggravation and stress of thinking about the issue.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I'm a Libra. We are usually the peacemakers.
I am Libra but far from a peacemaker in my early life, but it always ended in fisty cuffs with me. That was my only answer in the day.
Then I got married and we had the children so I had to calm down not wanting them to have the same corrections in their upbringing that I had.

I did however work at a tea factory in Bermondsey one time as a machine minder.They gave me a Pakistani to train up and he would always stand and point his finger at me saying something like "You no tell me what to do". I told him numerous times don't point its rude in this country. He never listened so one day I grabbed it bent it backwards and headbutted him.that was my last contact argument he ended up in Guys and I got sacked.
Now I have my computer and I find its easier to be nice to someone and that irritates the hell out of people that try to wind me up.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 05:21 AM

Usually if someone annoys me I become icily polite and walk away. Only ever had two 'red mist' moments where I reacted without thinking.

1) On my way to a meeting - heard the unmistakable sounds of a cat in distress. Saw a skinhead chappy - holding a kitten by the neck and rubbing it's face against a brick wall. Told him to stop - and he laughed. I punched him in the mouth, split his lip, bruised my hand - saved the kitten. Was told off by my line manager for 'conduct unbecoming' an NHS employee and sent on an 'assertiveness' training course.

2) Coming home one evening - up the lane from the bus stop - silly person decided he wanted my handbag. He ended up with extremely sore dangly bits and a stiletto heel shaped bruise on his instep. I kept the handbag and a had a severe telling off from the police when I reported the incident.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 06:56 AM

I wonder what happened to the kitten after that Tabby? I hope he was ok and the yob didn't return to find him.

I still have bad dreams about a man I saw beating a dog once, I was too far away to help but the image of it is stuck in my brain...I wish I could forget it.

Back to losing it....Actually I did tell a woman off the other day I had just bought my little grandson an ice cream when her dog took a liking to it ..chased him and took it....it really scared my grandson ....I told her off for not having her dog under control. I think anyone would have though...daft thing is I made her pay for another ice cream I surprised myself
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I wonder what happened to the kitten after that Tabby? I hope he was ok and the yob didn't return to find him.

I still have bad dreams about a man I saw beating a dog once, I was too far away to help but the image of it is stuck in my brain...I wish I could forget it.

Back to losing it....Actually I did tell a woman off the other day I had just bought my little grandson an ice cream when her dog took a liking to it ..chased him and took it....it really scared my grandson ....I told her off for not having her dog under control. I think anyone would have though...daft thing is I made her pay for another ice cream I surprised myself
Good for you, Summer, I would have done the same. I hope it has not made your grandson afraid of dogs?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good for you, Summer, I would have done the same. I hope it has not made your grandson afraid of dogs?
No not long after we were chatting to another lady and her dog was very sweet...he just now understands dogs like ice creams too
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I am Libra but far from a peacemaker in my early life, but it always ended in fisty cuffs with me. That was my only answer in the day.
Then I got married and we had the children so I had to calm down not wanting them to have the same corrections in their upbringing that I had.

I did however work at a tea factory in Bermondsey one time as a machine minder.They gave me a Pakistani to train up and he would always stand and point his finger at me saying something like "You no tell me what to do". I told him numerous times don't point its rude in this country. He never listened so one day I grabbed it bent it backwards and headbutted him.that was my last contact argument he ended up in Guys and I got sacked.
Now I have my computer and I find its easier to be nice to someone and that irritates the hell out of people that try to wind me up.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 08:22 AM

I'm ashamed to say I completely lost my temper with a council architect a few weeks ago.

I'd applied for a disability grand for a new bathroom on behalf of my husband who has arthritis and needs a new sit down shower.

The council agreed to contribute to the cost but I had to do things their way.

This architect & a care worker came and after looking at the bathroom the architect told me his plan for it. I didn't like it at all - it was not at all what I wanted or had hoped for. He implied that I had to have his plan or I wouldn't get the grant. I asked if there was a compromise & he said no.

I was so disappointed I told him I didn't like his plan it wasn't acceptable. I said 'you'd better go I don't want to see you here anymore'

. He & the case worker looked at me and didn't move. I screamed at them now - 'Go on clear of - get out - get out' OMG they practically ran down the stairs & through the door!!!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top