Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 09:02 AM

Re: Gender Neutral School Uniforms.

I am all for children making up their own minds and choosing what they want. What l don’t like is, parents who push silly ideas and trends into their children’s head, all because it is the ‘in thing’ to do.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 09:07 AM

Ridiculous. I almost wet my knickers laughing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 09:12 AM

I suppose what we have to remember is that all those 'different' people are now in jobs where they can influence. Shop buyers, Politicians, tv executives etc. I hope that despite all this, common sense will prevail and the ordinary, standard parent will take no notice of all this unnecessary rubbish and that children will continue to grow with their own identities rather than being turned into a nondescript blob.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Me too, my knees used to turn blue in the cold weather!
It's their future not ours, if it makes kids more comfortable so much the better.
Why do us oldies always want them to live the lives we did?
I think trousers for girls at all schools would be a good idea, some go to school with skirts so short their pants are on display, and I am not exaggerating.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-09-2018, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I think trousers for girls at all schools would be a good idea, some go to school with skirts so short their pants are on display, and I am not exaggerating.
Would they want to wear them though? Don't forget, most of them are going through the normal stages of life and probably want to show their legs to the boys.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 09:58 AM

They are ALREADY wearing them .
Has no one ever seen school girls in trousers ?
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I wish I had been permitted to wear trousers when I was at school.
Bet I know who wears the trousers in your house now..

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Bet I know who wears the trousers in your house now..

I wish! You obviously haven't met my husband, who has and always will do his own thing. I wish he would listen to me sometimes, because I do know best where his health is concerned.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They are ALREADY wearing them .
Has no one ever seen school girls in trousers ?
Yeah, a lot of schoolgirls wear trousers to school now and they look ok, I just hope that I don't have to see boys wearing very short skirts but it wouldn't surprise me with how the world is going.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 10:55 AM

I agree with what others have said about dressing them boy or girl until they are older and understand life, then they can decide for themselves.

I don't agree with giving them options before they understand what the options are about even.
You will also get some copying their friends, without knowing what it means.

I also totally agree with Annie on the first page about not wanting shared toilets. And before someone says we share toilets with the opposite sex at home - of course we do, but that is family and totally different to sharing with lots of total strangers.

I've just had another peculiar thought.
If in the future, everyone became transgender, who would we 'mate' and reproduce with?
Would the human race die out?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top