Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 01:37 PM

Re: Living alone

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Does anyone live alone, no partner,no family near enough to help? Do you find it hard ?
Yes I find it hard Deylon. No words can describe it.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
But I'd rather be on my own than unhappy in a relationship
You hit the nail on the head Susan
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 02:03 PM

Deylon, After reading your post regarding your illness and not having anyone close to assist you, really made me feel for you.

I feel so blessed coming from a large family, and having a large family of my own who are all living close by. 68 family members at the last count! that does actually of course include quite a few who are too young to be of much help if needed,
but just knowing they are here if needed is enough to give me peace of mind and as I said above, I do count my blessings
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 02:12 PM

Hi

It is hard at times, especially when you are ill.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:10 PM

Hi Deylon...I too live alone now, since my OH had a serious accident last year and is in a nursing home now. For the most part I am a private person...but being alone sometimes makes me lonely...

Both of my kids live close by...so at any given moment, I know that I can get a hold of one or the other. My son and his family are about 15 minutes from me and my daughter and her family are about a half hour away...

What bothers me the most is if I get so sick, that I can't look after myself... I do live in a rather nice two bedroom suite, on the main floor of a house...so there's always the possibility of getting a boarder...for a little help and company...

Things we think about in the middle of the night...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top