Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 07:24 PM

Re: Why Is It So Difficult....

There is now. A Ministry of Loneliness' with Tracy Crouch as the Minister

It is such a shame that many people are lonely and have no family with loved ones now gone
Some people never talk to a sole all week if they are unable to get out.
Years ago neighbours used to call and offer help and take some food as well. Now many people one is busy online or on Mobiles

The Government should make sure that all lonely people with a limited income are provided a free Computer and free access if needed,
Or a free phone line for a chat.

There is plenty of money for Foreign Aid, much of it wasted.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have the opposite problem, trying to avoid people .
I want to be alone as much as possible and can guarantee even when I go shopping at 8am I will meet someone who want to chat when I just want to rush home to solitude.

Gardening at the front and walking down the lane is fraught with hazardous encounters , it is only 100yards to the field gate where I can escape but even that short distance frequently contains humans.

I really would be best on an uninhabited island if anyone has one going spare
You do make me giggle sometimes Meg but actually, I do understand what you mean.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 07:36 PM

I think the reason it is difficult to read about on here is that we are a bunch of mostly decent people and would help if we could. If one of our neighbours felt lonely then I reckon any of us would pop in a few times per week and have a chat and a cuppa. The trouble is, the ones we read about are not our neighbours so we are unable to help.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have the opposite problem, trying to avoid people .
I want to be alone as much as possible and can guarantee even when I go shopping at 8am I will meet someone who want to chat when I just want to rush home to solitude.

Gardening at the front and walking down the lane is fraught with hazardous encounters , it is only 100yards to the field gate where I can escape but even that short distance frequently contains humans.

I really would be best on an uninhabited island if anyone has one going spare
I'm exactly the same as you Meg....

You find the island, pick which half you want and I'll come with you and stay at the other side
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 08:13 PM

My dear friend [70 ] in Birmingham is very lonely,she used to have many ' friends', weekends /holidays,dancing,nights out Now she can no longer do this,due to poor health & ' friends' no longer want her,no one rings to ask how she is,her invitations for them to visit her are refused,they are ' too busy',they are going away together & no one asked if she or her husband wanted to join. I suggested a coffee morning at a nearby Church, but she has been told its for church members only,she does not know many people as most use cars to get to A-B.I wish I could help her but live too far away
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 08:15 PM

Typical flipping church to hold a closed doors coffee morning.
Very Christian I must say.
Does she read?
My sister joined a local library book club.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top