Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:31 PM

The PM system

I have my PM system shut off for a while....I heard that someone was trying to reach me and thought it was just "them" that I had closed off.
Not true!

I just shut it off completely for a little while (to everyone), so please don't feel I am shunning you. I wouldn't do that for the world, I am just dealing with something at the moment and can't deal with PM.s

(No sugar, I am not dealing with a broken heart....)

Blue x
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:34 PM

Re: The PM system

Does anyone else go through a stage where they just want to shut everything down for a little while. No PM.s , No emails , just peace and quiet?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Does anyone else go through a stage where they just want to shut everything down for a little while. No PM.s , No emails , just peace and quiet?
Yes! Absolutely! And there's no shame in that What. So. Ever.

Sometimes I think the biggest curse of the age is instant communication, it seems to mean you're available to the world and his wife 24/7. It doesn't!

It's terribly important to have your own personal space, you shouldn't feel you have to apologise for it.

If you shut off your PMs for a few days you don't have to justify that to anyone; it's nobody's business but your own
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:58 PM

i don't get enough to worry about.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

19-09-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Yes! Absolutely! And there's no shame in that What. So. Ever.

Sometimes I think the biggest curse of the age is instant communication, it seems to mean you're available to the world and his wife 24/7. It doesn't!

It's terribly important to have your own personal space, you shouldn't feel you have to apologise for it.

If you shut off your PMs for a few days you don't have to justify that to anyone; it's nobody's business but your own
Thank you for the encouragement Ruthio. I have been upset about it since I heard that a good friend got "put off" because a message couldn't be send to me....

I will leave it off until I feel ok about it again.....

Ruthio...thanks x
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

19-09-2018, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
i don't get enough to worry about.
Oh Longdogs, I am sorry to hear that. I think perhaps they are just too shy to approach you....x
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 04:16 PM

Thank you for the encouragement Ruthio. I have been upset about it since I heard that a good friend got "put off" because a message couldn't be send to me....

I will leave it off until I feel ok about it again.....

Ruthio...thanks x
Put off? Put off what exactly?
Put off you?
That's his/her problem not yours.
Anyway, you say you "heard" ... that's gossip, ignore x
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

19-09-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Put off? Put off what exactly?
Put off you?
That's his/her problem not yours.
Anyway, you say you "heard" ... that's gossip, ignore x
Ruthio
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

19-09-2018, 04:34 PM

Ruthio
I only come on here for the
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 07:47 PM

Me too .....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top