Join for free
Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 10:54 AM

Re: Travellers

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Well our Traveller "friends" left the area at 10 am on Sunday. The council moved in on Monday morning to clear up the mess. Monday afternoon they, or others, were back. Deep joy!!

Sorry interupt the Russian Discussian.

Oh No, EZ.
Not again . . .

How many caravans are there this time?

Why don't the Covid rules about travelling to other areas, or wearing masks apply to these people!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 11:24 AM

Well our Traveller "friends" left the area at 10 am on Sunday. The council moved in on Monday morning to clear up the mess. Monday afternoon they, or others, were back. Deep joy!!

Sorry interupt the Russian Discussian.
Ridiculous.
I'd blame the council as much as the Pikeys.
A grassed area near us has two large rocks at the only possible entrance. Pedestrians can walk in, but cars and caravans have no chance without a large crane to move the rocks.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 02:45 PM

lOf course these people are a law unto themselves. Even the Police are not keen on calling on them. Unfortunately this is a large common completely open on two of it's four sides. I believe the local council intend to mound up the soil all the way round using soil from the deep trough in front. Needless to say this could take "some time" In the meantime all of the local people are living in fear of losing property from the gardens....I haven't used my huge wrecking bar in anger for quite a while.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 07:55 PM

lOf course these people are a law unto themselves. Even the Police are not keen on calling on them. Unfortunately this is a large common completely open on two of it's four sides. I believe the local council intend to mound up the soil all the way round using soil from the deep trough in front. Needless to say this could take "some time" In the meantime all of the local people are living in fear of losing property from the gardens....I haven't used my huge wrecking bar in anger for quite a while.
Time for everyone to invest in security cameras, if they haven't already got some.

Make them clearly obvious too. Puts off any 'visitors' and encourages them to try elsewhere.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 09:03 PM

We do have an extremely effective 24 hour camera system in operation. It does not deter them. They will be masked up as they often are during the daylight hours and certainly are after dark. At this very moment I can hear the noise of chainsaws in the wooded areas. The Police are aware and are awaiting the second eviction notice before they can..or will..do anything.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Time for everyone to invest in security cameras, if they haven't already got some.

Make them clearly obvious too. Puts off any 'visitors' and encourages them to try elsewhere.
Good idea except in the event something happens then all you have is a CCTV film of possibly an unknown person. Unless the person is recognised by police who view the film they have nothing other than an image of that unknown person.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-08-2020, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Good idea except in the event something happens then all you have is a CCTV film of possibly an unknown person. Unless the person is recognised by police who view the film they have nothing other than an image of that unknown person.
This is true, of course.
Ours have the facility to speak to them (if you're watching live), so I suppose I could shout something like, "Oi! I've called the police!" or "I'll let the dogs out!" or something similar.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 11:06 PM

That's true, it happened to me.

A few years back now, I had my bag and purse stolen in a supermarket car park.
The police saw the CCTV of the swine trying to use my bank card at the cash machine in the car park, but they hadn't a clue who he was.

They told me he could have come from another area up the motorway. They said criminals often do this. They drive down, do a few crimes, then go back to where they come from.

So the crook got away with it, and was never identified.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This is true, of course.
Ours have the facility to speak to them (if you're watching live), so I suppose I could shout something like, "Oi! I've called the police!" or "I'll let the dogs out!" or something similar.
The sound of a double-barrelled 12-bore shotgun being discharged would probably work wonders too. As would the sight of a snarling Rottweiler or German Shepherd dog protecting their property!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-08-2020, 10:53 AM

The sound of a double-barrelled 12-bore shotgun being discharged would probably work wonders too. As would the sight of a snarling Rottweiler or German Shepherd dog protecting their property!
Yes, dogs have their uses.

Big dogs, of course, not old ladies' lap dogs.

Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top