Join for free
Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 10:56 AM

Re: Travellers

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, dogs have their uses.

Big dogs, of course, not old ladies' lap dogs.

I doubt they would think twice about poisoning or shooting a dog. One dog can't stand up to a gang of 'em, all it oculd do is warn you someonebody was creeping about.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I doubt they would think twice about poisoning or shooting a dog. One dog can't stand up to a gang of 'em, all it could do is warn you somebody was creeping about.
In that case then there's always an answer, a real double-barrelled 12-bore shotgun with real, live ammunition! Failing that an AK47 machine gun would have a 'very real' effect on any number in a gang of travellers!

However, if crime was adequately punished in the ways it used to be, we wouldn't have any need of protecting ourselves in our own homes!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
In that case then there's always an answer, a real double-barrelled 12-bore shotgun with real, live ammunition! Failing that an AK47 machine gun would have a 'very real' effect on any number in a gang of travellers!

However, if crime was adequately punished in the ways it used to be, we wouldn't have any need of protecting ourselves in our own homes!

You're not American are you Baz?

If anyone really did shoot a gipsy, you can be sure they would suffer for it, both legally and from the gipsy clans themselves. You'd be dead meat.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 01:28 PM

I'd love to do that.

Unfortunately, it seems that the law is skewed in favour of the criminal these days.

A Pikey attacks you with a meat cleaver; you shoot him in self-defence; he dies; you are charged with murder.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-08-2020, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd love to do that.

Unfortunately, it seems that the law is skewed in favour of the criminal these days.

A Pikey attacks you with a meat cleaver; you shoot him in self-defence; he dies; you are charged with murder.

I agree JBR, and that is what I meant in my post too.
They would always get you back.
You would be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree JBR, and that is what I meant in my post too.
They would always get you back.
You would be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life.
Yes. Not what I'd call a civilised country when the criminals rule the roost.

That's why I keep saying that if I were younger, I'd emigrate.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 02:57 PM

Er have you heard of Tony Martin?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-08-2020, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oh yes. The victim who was prosecuted for defending himself and his property.
Yes, I've heard of him.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 06:41 PM

He got convicted of murder .
Only public opinion got his sentence reduced .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes I have heard of him. One of the offenders will not do it again and the other might just think twice. That's what I think and have absolutely no time for those who invade another's property, with the aim of taking what is not their's. Most people work hard for what they have. Others are just lazy 'no-goods', they take what they want and so should expect to receive whatever happens to them if caught in the course of doing so. The property is not their's, it belongs to someone else.

In the instance of Tony Martin, had those two not broken into the house intent on stealing, there would have been none of the legal argument about whether what one of them received was murder or manslaughter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-49355814

You really should hear what goes on and what gets stolen in rural areas, it's unbelieveable, property of all kinds is at risk. Farmers stand to lose livestock of all kinds, diesel fuel, farm machinery both big and small. It's just the same for farmers as it is for us, a theft means insurance goes up so that is no different to domestic thefts. Someone has to pay the cost of this when farmers claim on their insurance and it's us, on our food etc.

https://www.farmersguide.co.uk/2020/...and-livestock/

Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top