Join for free
Page 425 of 505 « First < 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 435 475 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 10:17 AM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Good news today!

Another day without community transmission of Covid in NSW which means that in 5 hours time (midnight) the border between NSW and SA will open without people having to quarantine.

With schools going on holiday at the end of this week it remains to be seen if this will lead to increase the number of cases.

The Queensland border "bubble" has been extended if cases don't increase then perhaps the Queensland government will fully open the border.

Victoria is getting better but not out of the woods yet with 15 cases yesterday if this continues then restrictions may be slightly eased next Monday. I can't see the Victorian border being opened for a while.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes we are being told that.
It’s an absolute disaster .
Half the people think it’s some sort of conspiracy theory .
An excuse for not taking precautions .
The government has vacillated putting it trust in the herd immunity theory but now looks like it will take sterner actions ( threats of the army coming in)
Our economy is totally Donald Ducked .
That is sad to hear but in line with the reports here.

There is no way you can get herd immunity with only 350000 cases in a population of over 60 million.

There are worries here that the virus might have a long term effect resulting in brain damage there may be more cases of Parkinsons Disease - Apparently this happened ater the 1918 pandemic.

As I am typing Boris is on our TV News apparently backflipping on lockdowns and people returning to work. They are reporting on lockdowns in other parts of Europe too.

BTW in the CBDs in Australia things are bad only half the people who used to work in the CBD have returned. People want to work from home and are digging their heels in. In Sydney only 30% of workers are back in their offices.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 10:57 AM

Perhaps Covid is payback for living the way that we do..
If we are honest with ourselves, we all knew that something was bound to be a consequence of the way we live and mix with others around the world. It's like a worldwide game of tag, and sometimes with a terminal outcome.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That is sad to hear but in line with the reports here.

There is no way you can get herd immunity with only 350000 cases in a population of over 60 million.

There are worries here that the virus might have a long term effect resulting in brain damage there may be more cases of Parkinsons Disease - Apparently this happened ater the 1918 pandemic.

As I am typing Boris is on our TV News apparently backflipping on lockdowns and people returning to work. They are reporting on lockdowns in other parts of Europe too.

BTW in the CBDs in Australia things are bad only half the people who used to work in the CBD have returned. People want to work from home and are digging their heels in. In Sydney only 30% of workers are back in their offices.
Just goes to prove that 60 % of us are not really necessary at all
Brucy?
We are ALL parasiites !!

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 04:45 PM

My daughter has received a message from college to say a student has tested positive for coronavirus and my Grandson must now self isolate at home for 2 weeks as he was in close contact with this student. He was last in contact with this student last Thursday.

Keeping our fingers crossed he will be alright
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My daughter has received a message from college to say a student has tested positive for coronavirus and my Grandson must now self isolate at home for 2 weeks as he was in close contact with this student. He was last in contact with this student last Thursday.

Hope all will be OK mags, a worry for you x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 06:29 PM

Thanks Queenie, this type of worry is happening to families all over the world.

We just have to hope for the best.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

I don't think it is as hard to pass on as they make out Mags, but it's still a worry and hope your grandson has avoided catching it....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Mags....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes we are being told that.
It’s an absolute disaster .
Half the people think it’s some sort of conspiracy theory .
An excuse for not taking precautions .
The government has vacillated putting it trust in the herd immunity theory but now looks like it will take sterner actions ( threats of the army coming in)
Our economy is totally Donald Ducked .
Thanks for the well-articulated synopsis!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think it is as hard to pass on as they make out Mags, but it's still a worry and hope your grandson has avoided catching it....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Mags....
Was that a freudian slip?

Page 425 of 505 « First < 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 435 475 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top