Join for free
Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 04:19 PM

Re: Police Officier shot dead

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Now Twinkle, you know that's not true. "Non-white" could imply any shade of brown, olive or even yellow, not necessarily black.

However, the earlier mention of him having been known to the anti-terrorist people, would suggest he might have been muslim or possibly IRA.
Good point JBR !!

Donkeyman! 😇😇
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Do you think that the anti stop and search brigade influenced this decision?
It certainly makes one think doesn't it Judd?

My brother was saying (not verified of course) that the two who brought him in were Police Community Support Officers. Whatever the truth, the poor duty policeman was just weeks away from retirement. I dread to think what his poor family and colleagues are going through.
I did hear on the news that his name is not being disclosed until his family (who live overseas) are all informed.

RIP. a huge thankyou for keeping us safe.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 04:57 PM

Now Twinkle, you know that's not true. "Non-white" could imply any shade of brown, olive or even yellow, not necessarily black.

However, the earlier mention of him having been known to the anti-terrorist people, would suggest he might have been muslim or possibly IRA.
Unfortunately such is the state of affairs when the police remain silent on descriptions we generally jump to the conclusion that they are travellers ( how I hate that word they never blooming well travel enough ) Muslims terrorists ( all Muslims are not terrorists but most terrorists usually are ) or black .( There is no denying that violence especially in London somehow tends to involve black people .) However as Twink says all should be treated equally whatever their creed of colour .
It’s about time CP was brought back .
I don’t care what anyone says it was and is a deterrent .
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 05:14 PM

My sympathies and thoughts to the deceased policeman's family. From the reports at the moment seems he was only months from 30 years which is the time a lot of police retire I believe. How terrible to go to work and be killed. RIP
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
According to some reports he had been searched and handcuffed and was just having a Covid test .This can’t Possibly be true .
I saw that too. It's nice to know who gets priority.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 06:00 PM

It's emerging that the murderer was in the back of a police van and when the unfortunate victim went to test him for Covid before allowing him into the station, he was shot from the van through the open back doors.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 06:01 PM

You may not be aware but Black is now the correct term for any nation with darker skin. However that doesn't matter because, if we are critical of any race with any coloured skin, it would be considered Racist.
You may not remember, but this forum was considered racist once, until the owner sorted it!
We just all need to be careful about blaming another race, unless we have proof that the person concerned is from that race!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 06:06 PM

I can only think that any amount of people who have darker skin would be highly offended if someone referred to them as black .

In so many countries especially the middle and Far East a darker skin is associated with poverty and low status ( dark skinned people have been out working in the fields ) servants or worse slaves .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I can only think that any amount of people who have darker skin would be highly offended if someone referred to them as black .

In so many countries especially the middle and Far East a darker skin is associated with poverty and low status ( dark skinned people have been out working in the fields ) servants or worse slaves .
I agree with you Muddy & always thought that coloured was better term for them, but they are offended by that and asked to be called black!
The problem is that lighter skinned people are all called "White" so it was decided that darker skinned people should be called "Black". Surely the only time we ever need to mention what colour skin they have is when it is neccessary to give a description... otherwise they are all just "people"!
I tend to think that anybody that uses the words " Non White" is using it to display a racist attitude.... which is wrong!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

25-09-2020, 06:40 PM

I have a friend who is from Central America she calls herself brown .

She married a man form the Middle East whose skin was Mediterranean Colour .( the colour we all want to be !]

He died when she was still quite young and when she started dating men again although she was attracted to black men she always said no they are too black ! brown is more genteel !
She went on to marry another white man ,

In Barbados the fertility clinic reported that in cases where black woman wanted children by AI they nearly always preferred that the donor be white . So their children would be brown .

Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top