Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 10:47 PM

Re: Post office yet again

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry guys... Royal Mail has gone to the dogs since I left....
So has their Postcode Finder.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
sounds more like a Bra size to me.
No wonder the deliveries go tits up
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sorry if this strays slightly off-topic - still about the Post Office, though.

Yesterday, Marge and I went to the main post office in Cheadle as she wanted to post an oversized envelope.

The post office must employ the slowest counter staff in the country, if not the world. They really do dawdle. It may not be entirely their fault though, I suppose, as they have to follow all sorts of lengthy procedures: tapping on screens, making hand-written notes, looking up information, etc, etc. Still, they do seem to move with the speed of a somnolent sloth.

When we arrived, the queue wasn't too long; just half-way around the shop. By the time we were attended to, it had stretched out on to the street.

I suspect that part of the reason must be that they have no competition, at least for letters. Parcels, of course, are now handled by any number of courier companies.

On the plus side, though, you can now do other things in the post office, such as cash cheques and other such banking procedures.

I just wish that someone would put a firework up some of their arses now and again!
I don't believe it is that they have no competition. The structure is a franchise is it not? Systems require a great deal of investment and ongoing support.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
In Gold leaf.
It is funny you should mention that, naturally my own superior shack does have its number picked out in gold leaf encrusted with diamonds but the common folk have to make do with black and white paint usually near the driveway so parked cars don't block it.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020923.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	13790   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020925.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	13791  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
No wonder the deliveries go tits up
Annie!......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't believe it is that they have no competition. The structure is a franchise is it not? Systems require a great deal of investment and ongoing support.
There is a lot of competition in the letter post business, but the Royal Mail have a 'Universal Obligation' to deliver to every house, so ultimately it has be Royal Mail that has to deliver it, even if they lose money by delivering letters not sent and stamped by Royal Mail.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-09-2020, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It is funny you should mention that, naturally my own superior shack does have its number picked out in gold leaf encrusted with diamonds but the common folk have to make do with black and white paint usually near the driveway so parked cars don't block it.

Can anybody see the poor dogs face trapped in the fence of this picture? Perhaps a Yorkshire Terrier? Or a Scotty Dog?

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Can anybody see the poor dogs face trapped in the fence of this picture? Perhaps a Yorkshire Terrier? Or a Scotty Dog?

Probably trapped waiting for the Postie now they only come every couple of days.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 02:26 PM

My Postie is great!

She turns up, mid morning, stuffs a bundle of Pizza Adverts through the front door & goes on her way.

When I point out my notice, on the door, saying NO JUNK MAIL, she says that she would get fired for not posting the stuff!

I have been known to collect it all and stick it in the Red Pillar Box.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
My Postie is great!

She turns up, mid morning, stuffs a bundle of Pizza Adverts through the front door & goes on her way.

When I point out my notice, on the door, saying NO JUNK MAIL, she says that she would get fired for not posting the stuff!

I have been known to collect it all and stick it in the Red Pillar Box.

Whenever they send me junk mail and enclose a return envelope (even if not prepaid), I stuff the rubbish in the envelope and post it back to them.

Funnily enough, they rarely provide a return envelope these days.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top