Join for free
Page 28 of 51 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 10:14 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes JBR, too much childbirth, PLUS the fact that we are living longer nowadays too.

People whip their pets off to their vets for spaying and castration without giving it a second thought, but they wouldn't go so happily if it was themselves!
I would, although we haven't been 'blessed by God'!
If we had had two or three children, I think we'd both agree that that was it and we'd have to take some necessary precautions.

Yes, I think I can honestly say that I'd have the snip, especially as I have never liked johnnies.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 10:48 PM

Yes JBR, too much childbirth, PLUS the fact that we are living longer nowadays too.

People whip their pets off to their vets for spaying and castration without giving it a second thought, but they wouldn't go so happily if it was themselves!
I wonder how kind we are doing this to dogs especially male dogs .
It’s not jus breeding castration makes ( male ) animals easier to handle .
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I wonder how kind we are doing this to dogs especially male dogs .
It’s not jus breeding castration makes ( male ) animals easier to handle .
Dogs don't seem to mind castration. If anything, they are a tad calmer.

Human males are least effected by vasectomies. By the time he has a vasectomy, his brain is already "hard-wired" as being male. Personally speaking, I haven't noticed a bit of difference between before and after.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 06:36 AM

Vasectomies are not castration .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Vasectomies are not castration .
Or, as Siegfried Farnon would say, "picking his pockets"!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 11:25 AM

England's birth rate has fallen substantially since the 60s. It went up a bit 5-10 years ago but it's going down again now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 11:31 AM

Oh it's the vets who put you under so much pressure Mups. They make you feel you are a cruel and irresponsible owner if you don't have the op. I suppose the whole pet owning arrangement is artificial though. A bit "Stockholm syndrome"
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Oh it's the vets who put you under so much pressure Mups. They make you feel you are a cruel and irresponsible owner if you don't have the op. I suppose the whole pet owning arrangement is artificial though. A bit "Stockholm syndrome"

I wonder if GP's acted the same Annie? If GP's pressured men into having a castration (not just a vasectomy), how keen men would be to comply. Yet they do it to the animals with barely a thought.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 11:52 AM

Getting back on topic however, here is a view on how our changing world might actually alter how fast our planet spins.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...h-spin-faster/

After the initial writing, there is another link with a lot of information 'Climate Change.'
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

26-09-2020, 11:57 AM

I wonder if GP's acted the same Annie? If GP's pressured men into having a castration (not just a vasectomy), how keen men would be to comply. Yet they do it to the animals with barely a thought.
They would say the men will be more docile and not fight as much.... thus contributing to world peace. They have FGM in some cultures but no ritual castration for the same reasons.

Page 28 of 51 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top