Join for free
Page 7 of 15 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 10:07 PM

Re: Police Officier shot dead

So sad he seems to have been a lovely man who was also a keen rugby player and coach .
I wonder if he was a Maori ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 07:29 AM

It appears the murderer is of Sri Lankan heritage and had been flagged in connection to Islamist indoctrination.

This came from The Guardian .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Twink isn't a member of the professionally offended. I'm pretty sure she is just advising us to watch we say on a forum which could get into trouble. Speech is no longer free where some things are concerned.
Thank you Longdogs, it is good to know some people understand plain English.
Sadly some people express their opinion too heavily and that could cause problems for all users of this forum
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 08:47 AM

Hi

I agree with Longdogs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It appears the murderer is of Sri Lankan heritage and had been flagged in connection to Islamist indoctrination.

This came from The Guardian .
The murderer was handcuffed behind his back in the police station but, before they searched him, he somehow pulled a gun out of his pants and shot it from between his legs.

This came from The Telegraph.

I think the law needs to be changed to permit police to search suspects at the time of arrest. Criminals have more than enough rights as it is.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The murderer was handcuffed behind his back in the police station but, before they searched him, he somehow pulled a gun out of his pants and shot it from between his legs.

I think the law needs to be changed to permit police to search suspects at the time of arrest. Criminals have more than enough rights as it is.
Do you mean the law says that a suspect CANNOT be searched
at the point of arrest JBR??
I find that hard to believe !
What moron would put that into law??
Surely the officer only needs to to think a person looks suspicious
to question them, and depending on the response to questioning
to search them for corraboration of suspicions??
The response to questioning guides everything that happens later??

Donkeyman! 😟😟
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Thank you Longdogs, it is good to know some people understand plain English.
Sadly some people express their opinion too heavily and that could cause problems for all users of this forum
That's choice considering "some" people couldn't or wouldn't understand what they challenged right from the get-go and got their knickers in a knot as a result!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

The arresting officers might well have decided to GTFO because of the presence of others of the same ilk who were starting to be a threat.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Do you mean the law says that a suspect CANNOT be searched
at the point of arrest JBR??

I find that hard to believe !
What moron would put that into law??
Surely the officer only needs to to think a person looks suspicious
to question them, and depending on the response to questioning
to search them for corraboration of suspicions??
The response to questioning guides everything that happens later??
That's the impression I got from the report.
I'm afraid I can't provide either a copy of the report or even a link, as the only way I can read The Telegraph for free is on my smartphone via another app.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 04:05 PM

I feel sorry for the Police they are so aware of how they are perceived and of being filmed making arrests then being held to account and called racist. Whoever would want to be a policeman these days

Page 7 of 15 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top