Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 12:39 PM

Re: My hospital stay.

Good grief, Carol, what an unpleasant experience - and what a shocking bruise!

Hope you will recover quickly now you are home again.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 12:39 PM

Carol, I'm pleased your op is over and you're now recovering.
Sorry to hear your stay in hospital didn't go very well.

The only reason I can think of why the nurse wasn't happy with you wearing the full face visor is it didn't give the nurses quick easy access to the operation region in case of any emergency, like a nose and mouth mask would.

Wishing you well with your recovery.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They had a good CQC report in the inpatient survey back in July :

https://www.cqc.org.uk/provider/RK5/survey/3

So you should definitely report it as it seems to be a very good hospital so they should appreciate the feedback.

That's interesting. A few years ago they had a very bad name. I'm pleased to see they've improved. I've been many times for various things and had no complains with them until now.

My surgeon & anaesthetist were brilliant. So kind & put me at ease. It was just the nursing staff really..
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Carol, I'm pleased your op is over and you're now recovering.
Sorry to hear your stay in hospital didn't go very well.

The only reason I can think of why the nurse wasn't happy with you wearing the full face visor is it didn't give the nurses quick easy access to the operation region in case of any emergency, like a nose and mouth mask would.

Wishing you well with your recovery.
Visors are not reckoned to be as effective as masks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Visors are not reckoned to be as effective as masks.
Ahh... I see.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 01:34 PM

Carol, It doesn't sound pleasant but at least you are home now. Do you know why they are leaving the wound undressed, I would have expected it to be dressed for a few days to avoid infection.

It is your choice whether or not to complain, but I suspect you will just get a "Sorry" letter because they can't do anything now to change the way you were treated & nursing staff are in short supply.

I hope you are soon healed and back to normal.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 02:32 PM

I asked if my wound should be covered but was told 'This surgeon doesn't believe in covering' so that was that!

I know masks are more effective than visors but I am allergic to the surgical masks. They make my cheeks swell and my face itch. The visor was a compromise. I also wore a folded mans cotton handkerchief under the visor - best I could do. OK for everybody but this 'jobsworth' nurse.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 02:39 PM

Sounds awful Carol, but the care there is usually exceptional. Having said that, it only takes one gobby bully to spoil everything...

But anyway here's wishing you all the best, I hope your recovery is swift and complete.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I asked if my wound should be covered but was told 'This surgeon doesn't believe in covering' so that was that!

I know masks are more effective than visors but I am allergic to the surgical masks. They make my cheeks swell and my face itch. The visor was a compromise. I also wore a folded mans cotton handkerchief under the visor - best I could do. OK for everybody but this 'jobsworth' nurse.
Well it wouldn't have been the surgeons neck that became infected, would it!
When I had keyhole surgery to remove a bone spur from my shoulder ( just 4 half inch cuts) I still had to have it checked by the district nurse before the dressings were removed.
I hope you won't have any problems with it, but if you do, call the surgeons secretary and ask what he is going to do about it!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 04:22 PM

Glad you are home safe Carol... as far as complaining is concerned I wouldn't because it will go on and on speaking to people filling in forms etc etc ... I would just be pleased to be home safe.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top