Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire, England
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 01:56 PM

Flu vaccinations are early this year.

I noticed my GP surgery is beginning the flu vaccinations early this year, the organisation it is more complicated because instead of large group bookings they can only book a small number of people at a time.

My GP surgery is going to be using an open marquee with a one way system and the vaccinating starts on September 12th for over 65s to begin with.

It should get some of us safely vaccinated if there is a sudden surge of C19 with the return for many to school and work.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 01:57 PM

Re: Flu vaccinations are early this year.

My surgery text me two or three weeks ago offering Flu and also Shingles vaccs, Meg.
I didn't know there was a start date though, it just said to book an appointment.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire, England
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My surgery text me two or three weeks ago offering Flu and also Shingles vaccs, Meg.
Gosh that was efficient Mups I only found out by accident when being given the option to 'press one to book a flu vaccination' when I rang the surgery about something else
Longdogs
Chatterbox
England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 02:03 PM

I will have to ring our surgery. They text me every year despite not having my number.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 04:03 PM

yes that is quick ...but like everything else now , it just two or three people at a time so it will take longer to get everyone jabbed..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 05:11 PM

Phoned our surgery and they said they are not taking flu bookings yet ...... please ring again 🙁.

I hope they donít leave it too long to get organised, winter will be here before we know it
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 08:44 PM

I didn't realise they had a vaccine for covid yet.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire, England

27-08-2020, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I didn't realise they had a vaccine for covid yet.....
....I wish Bob no chance yet..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 11:00 PM

I'm at the doctor's tomorrow for some tests. No doubt they'll stick a needle in my arm while I'm not looking like they did last year.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Or worse, if I was the Nurse . . . .

That'd teach yer.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top