Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 04:19 PM

All Creatures Great and Small.

Channel 5's new version of this timeless classic started last week. Excellent characterisations and excellent choice of actors and actresses for the main characters in my opinion. Part 2 is on at 9pm tomorrow evening.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 04:41 PM

Re: All Creatures Great and Small.

Also available on My5 catch up.....I enjoyed it.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 06:07 PM

I thought it was really good
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Channel 5's new version of this timeless classic started last week. Excellent characterisations and excellent choice of actors and actresses for the main characters in my opinion. Part 2 is on at 9pm tomorrow evening.
I thought the originals were good - didn't realise they had remade it. Who is in this version?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 11:03 PM

I just watched it on catch up, wasn't going to bother but you mentioned it so thought I'd give it a go, It is a very good dramatization.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I thought the originals were good - didn't realise they had remade it. Who is in this version?
They use the same theme tune too, but updated. I don't recognize the actors though.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I don't recognize the actors though.
Sam West (son of Timothy West & Prunella Scales) is playing Siegfried Farnon. There are a few other faces I recognise but can't put a name to, others I've never seen before.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 04:49 PM

I have just bagged a real bargain - every episode of the original series - plus the three Christmas Specials (that's 33 discs) for £25 - and it was in aid of the Air Ambulance Service!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 05:22 PM

I have just bagged a real bargain - every episode of the original series - plus the three Christmas Specials (that's 33 discs) for £25 - and it was in aid of the Air Ambulance Service!
How lovely. I think I would rather watch all of those than the new version Silver Tabby.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 06:06 PM

That was a bargain. Well done for spotting them. Charity shop was it?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 08:17 PM

Yes, we watched it last week and looking forward to it tonight.

It was excellent, but strayed a little from the earlier versions. For one thing, Mrs Hall seems to be rather more kind to Herriot, covering up for him when required for example. Not that I'm complaining, of course.

Just a bit different, that's all, but well worth watching!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top