Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 08:03 PM

Garage paper towels

Up to now I have been using the white paper towels in the kitchen. That ment out the workshop through the rear porch and utility room to get into the kitchen to grab a sheet or two.

So on with the thinking cap once more.

What I needed was a metal tube of some sort to put the new blue garage paper towels on that I have just ordered. Ah yes the extended high level window pole we have just scrapped as it was not very strong but just what i wanted.

then how to put it all together, Here I have saved for many years ( at least 40) some greenhouse metal stageing angle clamps for round framework.
Assembly only required a temporary clamp to drill acouple of holes and nuts and bolts. only needed the be hung from the ceiling joists uo and out the way bujt easy to get hold of.

Below the rig waiting now for the paper towels to come

Crude ? yes- Cheap? yes free- Useful? hopefully- Handy to get hold of but out the way? yes

will it work?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 05:37 AM

Re: Garage paper towels

A piece of dowel and some string would have done the job perhaps?

I got a paper towel holder for my garage when a power station I worked at closed down in 1989

I think the paper in it has been there since that time too. I prefer rags, usually torn up old sheets or T shirts.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020731.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	13752  
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 08:53 AM

Dowel and string is an idea but that means it would swing when pulling on the paper.Getting a dispenser as in your photo would cost. Having got the bits I needed all I had to do was reuse unwanted items and adapt
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 09:00 AM

Just trying to work out your ceiling structure, and it's got me scratching my head a bit....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

22-09-2020, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Just trying to work out your ceiling structure, and it's got me scratching my head a bit....
Don't ask, it is another MR Bodget job. the far end used to be a summerhouse and the French doors are still there.
the workshop added to the side of the garage. and the old summerhouse wall knocked through to make one long room

Just a quick video for you Barry . as you can see a right cockup he made of it

Barry if I could afford it i would have the garage and all this knocked down and replaces with one large garage for 4 cars and a huge room above as a photographic studio
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yes, I was trying to work out why the strip light is above the rafters.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
A piece of dowel and some string would have done the job perhaps?

I got a paper towel holder for my garage when a power station I worked at closed down in 1989

I think the paper in it has been there since that time too. I prefer rags, usually torn up old sheets or T shirts.
Nice. I have a centre pull type (plastic) I think it was about twenty quid on amazon.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

23-09-2020, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Another Mr Bodget balls up. One day I will shift them to where they should be. Nice little winter job.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

24-09-2020, 08:54 PM

roll on
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

24-09-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
thinking on it that won't get hit carrying a tall object like a pair of steps and they do light in the top bench shelf

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top