Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 09:45 AM

John Lennon' killer

Denied parole for 11th time.

Yet in interview said,

'The view on the death penalty for me is a little up and down at times but for me I deserve that. I know I'm speaking for myself. I know what I did. I know who was in those shoes at that time.

'I know my thoughts. They were not thinking of him at all, his wife, his child, the fans, nobody. I was just thinking of me. That deserves a death penalty.

'He was a human being and I knew I was going to kill him. That alone says you deserve nothing and if the law and you choose to leave me in here for the rest of my life, I have no complaint whatsoever.'
No problem with that.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 12:19 PM

Re: John Lennon' killer

Did he ever say why he did it?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 12:40 PM

Makes you wonder how he thinks in his darkest hours doesn't it
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 12:42 PM

I think that anybody, who deliberately takes another's life, deserves the death penalty......

although his words have made me wonder whether being locked away with no freedom is becoming an even harsher penalty for him.
If it is it serves him right!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Did he ever say why he did it?
Didn't he say at his trial that he did it to be famous?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 01:02 PM

"I have no excuse. This was for self-glory. I think it's the worst crime that there could be to do something to someone that's innocent. He was extremely famous.

I didn't kill him because of his character or the kind of man he was. He was a family man. He was an icon. He was someone that spoke of things that now we can speak of and it's great.

I want to add that and emphasise that greatly. It was an extremely selfish act. I'm sorry for the pain that I caused to her. I think about it all of the time."
In 2015, the Japanese artist - who has contested each one of Chapman's attempts at parole - told The Daily Beast that she lived in fear of him being let out of prison.

"One thing I think is that he did it once, he could do it again, to somebody else - you know. It could be me, it could be Sean [her son], it could be anybody, so there is that concern," she said.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

22-09-2020, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Makes you wonder how he thinks in his darkest hours doesn't it
He thinks only about himself. Religion, apologies utterly meaningless, he robbed the world of a musical genius.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

22-09-2020, 01:33 PM

Some believe this claim.

https://paulontheruntour.blogspot.co...by-killer.html

Lennon’s assassin may have been trained in war-torn Beirut to become a hitman when the CIA held a heavy presence during the 1970s.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Didn't he say at his trial that he did it to be famous?
He failed. I still remember John Lennon but there's no way I would know his killer's name.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 03:40 PM

Same here L D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top