Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 04:53 PM

Naughty Step?

Have you ever had a naughty step?

Did it work?

Have you ever gone off on holiday and forgotten to release your offspring from the step?

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 05:12 PM

Re: Naughty Step?

Used to send my kids to their rooms, but it, to them, wasn't a punishment, they had toys there.
Should have thought that out better.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Used to send my kids to their rooms, but it, to them, wasn't a punishment, they had toys there.
Should have thought that out better.
Hi

Same here.

My daughter was a very determined young lady from a very early age,

Sent her to bed one sunny afternoon and went to see her about 40 minutes later.

She had not long started school.

She was in bed, nightie on, no toys, just sat up.

Thank you Dad, I am really enjoying this.

That is when you know you are beat.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 06:02 PM

No,No Never. ‘Naughty Steps’ are cruel.
The same with parents who lock their children in cloakrooms or years ago, in coal sheds.
Is it any wonder that some children grow up with hang-ups and have mental issues.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 09:04 PM

We were made to stand on cold, cold lino with bare feet facing a wall. Length of time was variable depending on the perceived crime. My ma and pa could teach the inquisition a thing or two.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:05 PM

No "norty steps" just a clip around the ear or the cane at the dinner table a couple of times I remember
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:15 PM

I think children have to have manners put on them and if it means little punishments like the norty step for a short period , Cannot see what harm it does .

After all they used to get a clip across the ear or a smack on the back of the legs .
Now thanks to the tree huggers & bed wetters ,a lot them run riot IMO
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:20 PM

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I think children have to have manners put on them and if it means little punishments like the norty step for a short period , Cannot see what harm it does .

After all they used to get a clip across the ear or a smack on the back of the legs .
Now thanks to the tree huggers & bed wetters ,a lot them run riot IMO
Apricot, l think, if you teach them from an early age to be well mannered and know the meaning of the word, ‘No’ then there should be no need for cruel steps.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

24-09-2020, 11:25 PM

I don"t think they are cruel steps by any means ,if children are not shown the proper way to go on by their parents ,who else will ?
After all the teachers have enough on their plate as it is . I have heard stories were the children haven"t been potty trained by the idle mums , bythe time they get to school ,it seems incredible but I can imagine in some areas it might be possible ,who knows ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top