Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 11:03 AM

Re: house prices jump

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Property prices are usually governed by supply and demand. This current time though it's demand more than anything and due to the coronavirus pandemic. People don't want to live in big towns and cities so are looking to move to the countryside and coast where it's less populated, hence the stagnation in London prices you mention. Prices where I am 'out in the rural sticks' have increased rapidly due to this demand. Houses here hardly have the 'For Sale' boards up then the 'Sold' sign appears. Good for those who want to sell, for whatever reason, not good though for either first-time buyers or others looking to move out of the big towns and cities.
Is that still the case, in the last 3 or 4 weeks?

I know the stamp duty holiday stimulated the market, but the holiday is over, nearly.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 11:25 AM

Re: house prices jump

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Is that still the case, in the last 3 or 4 weeks?

I know the stamp duty holiday stimulated the market, but the holiday is over, nearly.
Yes, it's still happening and also noticeable are the previously unknown names on estate agent's boards. It always used to be the larger companies whose 'For Sale' and 'Sold' boards appeared, these new ones often seem to be those who are using the internet, almost online selling only.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top