Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 10:32 PM

Re: Tap water in the uk

I shouldn't worry about the tap water, according to the eco warriors, the changing climate will kill you first....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

This has been increasingly the case since the early 1970s and is due, in no small part, to the increasing use of contraceptive pills. Scientific studies have shown that the increasing oestrogen levels are causing male fish to change sex.
HRT too. They cannot extract hormones from retreated water.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But what about the effect of your habit on people around you?

Actually I used to smoke but gave it up on the day that I graduated with my first degree 50 odd years ago. As for the carcinogenic effects of tap water in many regions of the UK is not having drawn the short straw yet any reason not to be concerned about it?
Do you feel concerned about the people around you while you are driving your car Todger, because it's causing a lot more harm to the innocent people on the street than a capstan full strength will...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 10:35 PM

Is it true that well water is pure?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-01-2020, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
HRT too. They cannot extract hormones from retreated water.
Doesn't oestrogen prevent heart attacks and strokes Annie?
Bring it on is what I say......Just call me Roberta now....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

17-01-2020, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Doesn't oestrogen prevent heart attacks and strokes Annie?
Bring it on is what I say......Just call me Roberta now....
I'm not so worried about the humans. But animals drinking hormones is pretty weird. Mind you they give it to animals we eat so there's another source. I do wonder whether anyone on this planet is in charge of the nonsense we do. I think the answer is not.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-01-2020, 10:40 PM

Is it true that well water is pure?
Probably more pure than water taken from reservoirs Annie, it's been filtered naturally through the rocks. Even so, Yorkshire Water provide all our tap water from artesian wells, and although it tastes okay it contains a lot of limescale. Probably off the rocks from which it's filtered.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-01-2020, 10:44 PM

I'm not so worried about the humans. But animals drinking hormones is pretty weird. Mind you they give it to animals we eat so there's another source. I do wonder whether anyone on this planet is in charge of the nonsense we do. I think the answer is not.
Yes that's true Annie, and farm animals are often medicated with antibiotics and these also pass down the food chain. No wonder they are not working so good on humans anymore as we are becoming immune.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

17-01-2020, 10:48 PM

Probably more pure than water taken from reservoirs Annie, it's been filtered naturally through the rocks. Even so, Yorkshire Water provide all our tap water from artesian wells, and although it tastes okay it contains a lot of limescale. Probably off the rocks from which it's filtered.
So why don't more people have wells? Is it super expensive to have one in your garden?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

17-01-2020, 10:51 PM

Yes that's true Annie, and farm animals are often medicated with antibiotics and these also pass down the food chain. No wonder they are not working so good on humans anymore as we are becoming immune.
It just seems as though "responsible" people are allowed to make decisions that affect everyone and nobody is there to say don't do this there are serious consequences... There is so much trust in our systems being perfect, but they aren't.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top