Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 10:07 PM

Evening stroll

After dinner tonight we went with friends for a stroll round one of our close by resorts. It was a beautiful night and many people around, even the beaches were still quite crowded. It was all very pleasant.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 10:09 PM

Re: Evening stroll

Looks lovely Loretta it's been raining here....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 10:13 PM

What a beautiful evening there, Loretta .... perfect for an after dinner stroll.

Are you able to name the resort?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 10:23 PM

Yes of course Mags, the resort is Torrevieja, not very far from where we live. We really do seem to have the best of things here, so many lovely little places close by. Personally I like Torrevieja very much, especially out of season when there are not so many tourists. They have done such a lot to make the place nice the past few years. Sometimes I feel very cross when I hear people (mostly who have never been) saying Spain is dirty, covered in graffiti etc, obviously donīt have any idea. If the streets in many UK places were cleaned as quickly and as often as here I could maybe understand it, the graffiti on walls is more often than not in English ! Certainly it has itīs faults, but is there anywhere that doesnīt? Weīve been here over 14 years now and would hate to have to move.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Yes of course Mags, the resort is Torrevieja, not very far from where we live. We really do seem to have the best of things here, so many lovely little places close by. Personally I like Torrevieja very much, especially out of season when there are not so many tourists. They have done such a lot to make the place nice the past few years. Sometimes I feel very cross when I hear people (mostly who have never been) saying Spain is dirty, covered in graffiti etc, obviously donīt have any idea. If the streets in many UK places were cleaned as quickly and as often as here I could maybe understand it, the graffiti on walls is more often than not in English ! Certainly it has itīs faults, but is there anywhere that doesnīt? Weīve been here over 14 years now and would hate to have to move.
I have noticed before on your photos how clean and tidy everything looks, Loretta, I've never been to Spain and have been pleasantly surprised at how pretty some of the places are. I can quite understand why you would be reluctant to leave
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

08-07-2014, 11:42 PM

We could do with some rain here Meg, weīve barely seen any rain at all this last winter. Other parts of Spain have had storms, flooding and hailstones, but for some reason we just havenīt had any rain since, well I donīt know, we had about 20 minutes rain some weeks ago and thatīs been it. I believe most of the Almond crop has failed because itīs been so dry, yet somehow or other we seem to cope, no hosepipe bans, not yet at least.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 03:59 AM

Didnt get to cross the doors yesterday due to thunder and rain, so its nice to see your photos of everyone enjoying the rays.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

09-07-2014, 11:17 AM

Thank you Nom. The photos were taken between 7 and 9 p.m. itīs just so nice to be out at night when itīs still so warm and light.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top