Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 07:13 PM

Re: Did anybody have any storm damage last night?

I'm watching it too ..... on ...

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=...d=2;dl=7;dc=0;

I kinda like thunder but boy does everywhere look soggy.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2020, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Twink, brace yourself .... there's a nasty thunderstorm here and on it's way to you.
You're only about 5 miles away from me I think. The rain is bucketing it down in sheets.
You can't see a thing it's like a waterfall.
Thanks Morti, it arrived with a vengeance but reminded me to find my wellingtons.
My cats are frightened of thunderstorms, so seek comfort from me.... hence I get very little sleep if they come late in the evening. I am just hoping that I don't have any more trees that fall over!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2020, 08:11 AM

Twink, Just out of interest... what will you do about the tree? Has it landed somewhere that makes it awkward for access?

I suppose it could make a nice seat for you to sit on in the garden with a cheeky glass of wine!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2020, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, Just out of interest... what will you do about the tree? Has it landed somewhere that makes it awkward for access?

I suppose it could make a nice seat for you to sit on in the garden with a cheeky glass of wine!
It isn't a heavy tree and it is on the north side of my house, so somewhere I never walk. If I leave it there for a few months I am sure somebody will want it for their bonfire!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2020, 10:38 AM

The other day we had a 10 minute wind storm that took down a huge branch off our maple tree. Luckily none of our pets were out and I quickly went inside.
We are in a snow belt and tornado zone. We cut it up with our chainsaw to use for firewood ( camp fire or wood stove )

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top