Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 04:37 PM

I had a little accident this morning... Ouch!

I did some shopping this morning, because I was unable to get a delivery from a supermarket!
I was carrying some bags from the car to the house when I suddenly slipped on some wet grass that had forced it's way through my paving stones on the patio. Down I went with the bags and my sister saw it happen, so rushed to help me.
I said "I'm OK don't panic" and she said "you don't look ok".

Apparently I fell and put my left hand out to save me, but then my face hit the pavements. I had a small bump on my head a graze on my nose and a stream of blood pouring down my nose, but the only think that hurt was my left hand where the palm had turned purple! It is still purple and bruised!

Anyway I feel fine now, apart from a bit of pain, but my sister said "it looked so bad how could she not panic"?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 04:49 PM

Re: I had a little accident this morning... Ouch!

Oh poor you! Sending healing hugs. Hope you feel better soon.

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 04:55 PM

Hope you feel better soon.

The only time I hit the deck like that I ended up with a dislocated scaphoid joint at the base of my right thumb and had to go to hospital to have it reset and a plaster cast fitted. The nurse who put the cast on told me this is a common injury for football goalkeepers.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I did some shopping this morning, because I was unable to get a delivery from a supermarket!
I was carrying some bags from the car to the house when I suddenly slipped on some wet grass that had forced it's way through my paving stones on the patio. Down I went with the bags and my sister saw it happen, so rushed to help me.
I said "I'm OK don't panic" and she said "you don't look ok".

Apparently I fell and put my left hand out to save me, but then my face hit the pavements. I had a small bump on my head a graze on my nose and a stream of blood pouring down my nose, but the only think that hurt was my left hand where the palm had turned purple! It is still purple and bruised!

Anyway I feel fine now, apart from a bit of pain, but my sister said "it looked so bad how could she not panic"?

Sorry to hear that,Twink, I hope you went to A@E to get yourself checked out?

Your face hit the pavement...is my concern?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 05:03 PM

Poor Twink...............(
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 05:07 PM

Good grief, Twink! That sounds terribly painful. I hope your groceries survived too! .

I have a question based on doing something similarly a few years ago - hand to save myself, face hit, broken elbow, which I didn't realize until much later.

When I was younger, I always remember having some awareness in the moment, almost as if it was going in slow motion.

Now, I realize that when I fall, I have a sense of it being instantaneous. One second I'm walking along and everything is fin and then I am down. I don't have any awareness in between those two moments.

Was your awareness of your fall different then it used to be?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 05:20 PM

Ouch! ..... I feel your pain ..... I, too, have taken a tumble or three and suffered minor (but bloody) injuries .....

Rest and recuperate .....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 05:44 PM

Crikey Twink that sounds awful, let's just hope it's only bruising, and here's my best wishes for a speedy recovery.. (((hugs)))
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 05:59 PM

Poor you, get well soon. It's shock that makes you feel worse too. Hope you rested after.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 06:17 PM

Thanks for all your kind thoughts , I though everybody would have a laugh about me not being able to stay on my feet.... but maybe you have all forgotten about me breaking my right wrist a couple of years ago!

Pauline it isn't as bad as it sounds, so I think A&E would have sent me to the back of the queue!

Surfermom, It wasn't an instant fall, in fact I think I took 2 wobbly steps before I went down... but I was carrying 2 bags of shopping through a gateway so had no hands to save me from a fall.

My dentist once told me that I have a high pain threshold so it wasn't excruciating, but I think the blood from my nose is what made my sister panic. I put arnica cream on my bruised palm, as a member on here once suggested it was good and I am amazed at how effective it is!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top