Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 09:57 AM

Re: Help me to catch a scammer who got £50K from a widow!

I think also that the women and men who embark on any online contact with anyone, should take some responsibility for themselves.

This is my motto..... If they are too good to be true.... they usually are!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:52 AM

Twink, l was wondering. Aren’t these television programmes made over a year before they are televised?
If it’s the same man, wouldn’t he be a bit thick to be showing the same or similar photo?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, l was wondering. Aren’t these television programmes made over a year before they are televised?
If it’s the same man, wouldn’t he be a bit thick to be showing the same or similar photo?
Well the photos are not usually of themselves, they manage to get a selection of some innocent persons photos.... especially if the person is good looking!
If it is the same man as the scammer on TV, how would he know that I had even seen that programme? He doesn't live in the UK so probably doesn't know he was included in a UK TV programme.
Most scammers send you photos but don't usually chat on a webcam.
How do they know if my photo is genuine? They dont care because they are interested in your money, not what you look like .
One I chatted to was going to fly from Turkey to Manchester to meet me! I knew he never would but he confirmed it when he told me he had his plane tickets stolen & needed to pay for new ones ... but hadn't yet been paid for the job he was doing in Turkey as it would be sent to his account in the USA. I said "oh well they will have sent it by bank transfer so call you banks tomorrow and see if it has arrived. I don't mind if it takes an extra couple of days for you to get to Manchester! "
I suspect he was then concerned that I had sussed him but he did try another lie the next day!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top