Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 12:32 PM

Re: Dealing with a liar.

I have a good memory so l usually remember most things people say.
I worked with a woman once and the bare faced lies she came out with.

One story she told was about how she got her dog. She said, it was abandoned under a pub seat she was sitting on.

A while after, she was asked about her dog and she related an entirely different version!

She had those sparkly, light blue eyes that l never trust!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
That's called gaslighting...messes with your head.
I assume you know the origin of the term? It was mentioned recently(ish) on another thread.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Yes, I know about gaslighting.....but, I wasn’t ready to see her lies, because she’s a friend..I kept thinking the best.

Well the best, wasn’t helping me...the timing has to be right...I know in my heart, our friendship is finished as I said earlier...

What a shame that compulsive liars, can’t appreciate decent honesty..I really don’t get them.
Spot any traits (my old boss ticked all of the boxes):
Serial Bully Traits
Perhaps the most easily recognisable Serial Bully traits are:

Jekyll and Hyde nature - Dr Jekyll is "charming" and "charismatic"; "Hyde" is "evil";
Convincing liar - Makes up anything to fit his needs at that moment;
Treats some people in a way that causes them unprecedented levels of stress, frustration and fear;
Damages the health and reputations of organisations and individuals;
Reacts to criticism with denial, retaliation and by feigning victimhood and blaming victims;
Apparently immune from disciplinary action
Moves to a new target when the present one burns out or leaves.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have a good memory so l usually remember most things people say.
I worked with a woman once and the bare faced lies she came out with.

One story she told was about how she got her dog. She said, it was abandoned under a pub seat.

A while after, she was asked about her dog and she related an entirely different version!

She had those sparkly, light blue eyes that l never trust!
I usually also remember what people have said in the past. Liars have to have very good memories, the lack of that is usually their downfall and how their true colours are found out!

Beware though of the liar who is also a manipulative, controlling, bully, now they really are dangerous. No details as it's still ongoing, maybe at some future time.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

24-06-2021, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Beware though of the liar who is also a manipulative, controlling bully, now they really are dangerous. No details as it's still ongoing, maybe at some future time.
Good luck with that. Perhaps we'll compare notes once it's all settled
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 12:50 PM

I usually also remember what people have said in the past. Liars have to have very good memories, the lack of that is usually their downfall and how their true colours are found out!

Beware though of the liar who is also a manipulative, controlling, bully, now they really are dangerous. No details as it's still ongoing, maybe at some future time.

Oh Baz..how awful....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 02:16 PM

What a shame that compulsive liars, can’t appreciate decent honesty..I really don’t get them.
Its because they really have a very low opinion of themselves, and believe everyone thinks the worst of them, so they try and make themselves (and us) think they are worth liking. They are ruled by fear and shame.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Good luck with that. Perhaps we'll compare notes once it's all settled
Yes, good idea. How many years have you got? I know, the same as anyone else which is 'who knows?' Some legal remedies to anything so awful can take years, I just hope I can still be around to see justice, plus my good reputation restored.

Oh Baz..how awful....
It has been Pauline and that, plus coronavirus, has really 'knocked me for six'! However, 'watch this space' as the saying goes! If I don't get it 'sorted' then Karma may well step in, again! Some 'debts' are often paid without money.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 05:33 PM

Yes, good idea. How many years have you got? I know, the same as anyone else which is 'who knows'? Some legal remedies to anything so awful can take years, I just hope I can still be around to see justice, plus my good reputation restored.

It has been Pauline and that, plus coronavirus, has really 'knocked me for six'! However, 'watch this space' as the saying goes! If I don't get it 'sorted' then Karma may well step in, again! Some 'debts' are often paid without money.

Try not to get stressed, you’ve already had a heart attack, we don’t want you having another one..
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 05:40 PM

Art....we live close, when I see her, I cross the road...this is the second time we have fallen out over her constant lies...it did my head in..

This happened a couple of Sundays ago after lunch..
You seem to have a lot. of strange people living near you Pauline ?
Or have l got you mixed up with someone else ??

Donkeyman!! 🤔🤔

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top