Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 12:34 AM

Derek chauvin sentencing

Tomorrow, Friday June 16th, ex-police officer Derek Chauvin will be sentenced for the crime of 2nd degree murder, 3rd degree murder, and manslaughter, of George Floyd.

The judge, who will pass sentence, has a wide latitude in exactly how long the sentence will be. Certainly he will have to consider the aggravating circumstances.

I expect, and hope, that Chauvin will be given the maximum sentence of 40 years in prison.

Currently, Chauvin is being housed in Minnesota's only maximum security prison. It is most likely that if he were ever in "general population" he would be murdered by other prisoners.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:13 AM

Re: Derek chauvin sentencing

Makes one wonder what he expected the outcome was ever likely to be.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Makes one wonder what he expected the outcome was ever likely to be.
I truly believe that ex-cop Derek Chauvin thought that he would never even be charged in the killing of George Floyd, let alone be sent to prison.

As we look at the face of Chauvin , while he was kneeling on George Floyd's neck, he seems to be as cold-bloodedly calm as if he was only stepping on a bug.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I truly believe that ex-cop Derek Chauvin thought that he would never even be charged in the killing of George Floyd, let alone be sent to prison.

As we look at the face of Chauvin , while he was kneeling on George Floyd's neck, he seems to be as cold-bloodedly calm as if he was only stepping on a bug.
Ditto. His body language and everything he did and said showed that he truly believed what he was doing was justified and was arrogant enough to believe he’d get away with it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 07:40 AM

As so many of them do I am not suprised .
bakerman
Mexico

25-06-2021, 11:41 AM

Since the murder of George Floyd, numerous states have banned the use of any type of choke-hold or pressure on the neck.
Additionally, the number of cops being charged has increased. It is going to take a very, very long time to change the mentality of cops in America.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

25-06-2021, 02:44 PM

And I still can't understand why his colleagues didn't intervene!

Although, there are concepts in psychology which go some way to explaining such irrational behaviour, e.g. conformity, diffused responsibility, etc..

But still, I'd hate to think that I could just stand there and watch something like that happening without intervening.
bakerman
Mexico

25-06-2021, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->

Although, there are concepts in psychology which go some way to explaining such irrational behaviour, e.g. conformity, diffused responsibility, etc..

But still, I'd hate to think that I could just stand there and watch something like that happening without intervening.
Those colleagues will be going on trial this next March.

In my opinion, those colleagues did not intervene for the simple reason that police in America think exactly like the Nazi SS of WW2. ie; they are "true believers" and have no moral compunctions.

Nary a week goes by when we do not hear/see of some American cop who has murdered or physically abused some poor soul. ie: like the cop who kicked a surrendering suspect in the head 3 times while that suspect was spread eagled on the ground with his arms spread wide.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->

His ‘colleagues ‘ were not innocent themselves .
Two were sat on George Floyd s legs and the other the Asian guy had already been the object ( as had Chauvin ) of numerous complaints form the public .
bakerman
Mexico

25-06-2021, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
His ‘colleagues ‘ were not innocent themselves .
Two were sat on George Floyd s legs and the other the Asian guy had already been the object ( as had Chauvin ) of numerous complaints form the public .
Indeed. As I said, "Nazi SS".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top