Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 02:16 PM

iPhone 6s question.

I have recently purchased an iPhone 6s. Reconditioned and it looks good for the price.
But there is something that I can’t figger out.
When I increase the volume to, 2/3 of the way the indicator goes a bit yellow and then red.
Also of course there is not a full volume sound as compared to my other 6s
Anyone got an answer to and why or what?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 02:46 PM

Re: iPhone 6s question.

First off I would say there could be a problem that's not been fixed, or could have been created, when reconditioned. In this the case take it back and explain the problem, they might be able to fix it or replace it or even refund your money.

Secondly, have you tried rebooting the phone by holding down the Off button at the same time holding down the Home key at the bottom of the phone, just below the screen? With the phone on hold them both down until the Apple logo appears, then stop depressing the buttons and leave it to reboot. This takes it back to original settings so anything wrong is often put right.

Finally, there are lots of websites showing various problems with the volume on iPhone 6s, just search on Google for 'iPhone 6s volume problems' and take your pick. I couldn't find any that mention the colour of the volume display though.

Good luck with sorting it.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 03:01 PM

Thanks Baz.
Tried that and no change.
I have just contacted the seller and was told if not satisfied to return it for a fix or replacement. This I might do.
I should say I have not put a card in it so I don’t know if this would make any difference.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 03:13 PM

Worth a try as that often does work. No idea about the card, SIM card I take it you mean? Can you not try it with a card just to rule that out before you take it back? If not then take it back as the seller was quite happy to do something. That might even have been why the phone was sold and then 'reconditioned' as there do seem to be volume problems with the 6s. Mine is an iPhone 5s and fortunately no problems like that, in fact none at all since new so not doing too badly.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 04:13 PM

Would that not be intentional?
If I raise the volume of my Android the scale goes from orange to red.
With a warning that listening at high volume may be dangerous.
With earphones attached that is.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

14-09-2019, 04:17 PM

Tried it with a SIM card, no change.
I messed about with the settings, and now when I press the volume buttons, it functions as normal but reads headphones.
As for the volume, although not as loud as my 6s or my daughters whatever later phone. It is still I think loud enough to be heard in normal situations. When I present it to my friend, I will see if she is happy with it.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

14-09-2019, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Would that not be intentional?
If I raise the volume of my Android the scale goes from orange to red.
With a warning that listening at high volume may be dangerous.
With earphones attached that is.
Possibly as that did cross my mind.
When I set it up tomorrow with the card from my friends phone
I will see what happens.
Baz46

15-09-2019, 09:13 AM

Emjay – I have just been searching around for any answers to the problem you are having with your iPhone 6s and found this:

There is a volume limit function to avoid ear damage when using headphones (an EU directive), this can be switched on or off so perhaps this will answer your problem with the lesser volume level you are experiencing. I've tried it on my 5s which has this high volume warning switch described below, but as far as I can see doesn't have the different colours from yellow up to red showing, maybe as it's an older model.

Try this – go to 'Settings' scroll down to 'Music' tap on that then scroll down to 'Volume Limit' where you will find the usual green 'On / Off' switch. From there you can see if it's on or off and change to suit yourself.

Link below on which I found the question and what hopefully may be the answer you need:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...rning.1727895/
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

15-09-2019, 02:31 PM

That is interesting Baz. I noticed that on the phone is a EU setting. When opened it does reduce the volume.
But although the yellow 2 red is not now displayed, the volume on the screen has ‘Headphones’ above it. Not right it should just read ‘Volume ‘ as on my other 6s.
Baz46

15-09-2019, 02:44 PM

Probably the red colour (warning) is not displayed now as you've turned off the setting for maximum as the EU instruction, now the volume will be able to go beyond what is considered 'safe' by the EU.

With the word 'Headphones' displayed and you are not using headphones it would seem that perhaps there's a problem with the socket where headphones plug in. There are any number of websites giving remedies, try a search for 'how to fix iphone 6s stuck in headphone mode'. I found the one below, you will see about possible remedies on there. A lot to do with cleaning the headphone socket, you could give these a try but apparently you have to be careful not to go prodding around too much as it's possible to damage the socket. There was one that advised using an empty ink tube from a Biro as that fits exactly but unfortunately I cannot find that again.

Link as above:

https://www.payetteforward.com/iphon...hone-mode-fix/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top