Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:04 AM

Re: BLM photos from a friend

The subject matter is old news
Too late ,too biased in short missed the boat .
Doesn’t really tell us anything we don’t know.
How about a picture of some black coppers.
We do have them
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
d00d, the photos are good, but if you want their quality to be appreciated it may have been wiser to put them in the Art & photos section.

Feelings are quite strong, regarding BLM, so they will just create comments about the demonstration, rather than the quality of the photographer.

If your friend wants to display the emotion of a photograph perhaps a short title for each photo would demonstrate the emotion it was trying to convey. ( I have spent a lot of time with journalists who take photos )
Excellent points about putting the photos in the photo section and having a title for each photo.

d00d, pay no attention to the negative comments. some people hate, just for the sake of hating.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:15 AM

Can’t people have an opinion without being accused of hate ?
DOOD has put the photos in this section to do a bit of stirring !
They are good pictures but they would not be published because the impact has passed .
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
d00d, the photos are good, but if you want their quality to be appreciated it may have been wiser to put them in the Art & photos section.

Feelings are quite strong, regarding BLM, so they will just create comments about the demonstration, rather than the quality of the photographer.

If your friend wants to display the emotion of a photograph perhaps a short title for each photo would demonstrate the emotion it was trying to convey. ( I have spent a lot of time with journalists who take photos )
Good advice Twink55.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

17-06-2020, 08:35 AM

This is a photo I am more interested in today .
It’s just common or garden good photo it has no particular artistic merit it’s tells no touching stories of hard done minority’s against the police .

But ,it says a lot more to anyone who is up to date with the news .

https://www.over50sforum.com/picture...ictureid=14909

Marcus Rashford

A 22 year old black man from a disadvantaged background who has managed to change government policy on free meals for poor children .

Note he doesn't say poor black children .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 10:16 AM

Hi guys

They are not my photos, there is no copyright, I can't offer a link to another site, and the photographer is not seeking any appraisal.

I said in my OP that I believe the OFF Photos & Art section should be for members' own works, except when a name and a link link can be provided.

I understand they may not appeal to many on here, for whatever reason. And I understand we are all free to disrupt the thread and go off-topic.

As you were.

d00d, closet photojournalist.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Excellent points about putting the photos in the photo section and having a title for each photo.

d00d, pay no attention to the negative comments. some people hate, just for the sake of hating.
Oh the irony of that last sentence!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:40 PM

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:45 PM

The photo quality is good but the subject makes me want to vomit.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 09:05 AM

I like them...interesting.

Picture 1... for me is a phoney capture, traits of NG afghan girl with them eyes,
But these young girls at a protest.. putting on their sad eyes with their special face masks.

Picture 2.... for me is brilliant, suggests lots of intrigue.

Picture 3.... captures the aggressive attitude of these peaceful protests.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top