Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 11:07 AM

Re: Benefit Cheats..

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Here, the government will always estimate the actual figures of people fiddling benefits, to be lower than what people think

As for high profile figures who legally avoid paying Tax, by using loop holes which only the rich can..... Name and shame, no.. Instead they getting knighted.

Be interesting to see what the actual benefit payments are.

I've tried searching but nothing concrete with lots of different figures...
Is the link below any good to you? You might have to trawl through it but it does seem to list all benefits:

https://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 11:19 AM

Cheers Baz46, I will have a look through it, the others I looked at were pages and pages on all different conditions and scenarios... and nothing in layman terms either.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Yes, I made enquiries about it but I don't qualify as I have too much money in the bank.

No I never said I'd given my family a lot of my savings. I haven't given my family any of my savings at all - I need it for myself!!

I do remember saying my friend had given her family a lot of her savings but knowing her she wouldn't have made herself short. A lot more of her savings will have been hidden away..
Apologies Carol I meant you said your friend . Didn’t check for mistakes before I posted obviously .
Frankly I don’t know how you remain friends with this woman who must know she’s doing wrong .
As I said why don’t you stop her mentioning her financial affairs by saying “ you’re not supposed to have disposed of savings “ ?
Why get annoyed when you can stop it ?
So what if she stops speaking to you ,do you need her ?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 09:31 AM

I think that I would stop short at reporting someone.

That's because I don't think it's possible to know all of the facts.

On the other hand, I might well write a letter to someone in power (MP, Council, etc) to enquire how I might apply for the same benefits as Joe Bloggs, across the road, as he seems to have a more beneficial scheme than what I have.

Or, maybe, I'd check in with the local CAB.

One thing that always "amuses" me is how expert, some people are, at understanding every twist & turn of the benefit terms & conditions!

There ought to be a college degree in benefit techniquews.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top