Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:09 PM

Re: Affordable Housing

This is not social housing but private developments which have been given planning permission on condition that they include some affordable housing. I'm not sure how they get away with the games they play.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:17 PM

Hi

It is wrong, the Company made a decision to build them, they should do so.

The fact that they are not making as much profit out of the scheme is irrelevant.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is wrong, the Company made a decision to build them, they should do so.

The fact that they are not making as much profit out of the scheme is irrelevant.
They should made to fulfill the promise by law.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
They should made to fulfill the promise by law.
Hi

How would you propose to do that?

It is a planning condition which has been varied, quite legally, by the Council.

They could be taken for Judicial Review, but that would in no way guarantee success.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

How would you propose to do that?

It is a planning condition which has been varied, quite legally, by the Council.

They could be taken for Judicial Review, but that would in no way guarantee success.
I have no idea how it should be done.

It should be part of a legally enforceable contract before building begins.
There are 2 examples given where the promised "Affordable Housing" has been lost during the build.

It cannot be a simple mistake............can it ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 10:36 PM

I know of another one, the policy is rife with abuse. In the meantime hundreds of tower blocks are going up fast-tracked on the back of promises of affordable housing.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 10:55 PM

Non of it is affordable anyway, except to buy to let landlords.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

10-07-2017, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I have no idea how it should be done.

It should be part of a legally enforceable contract before building begins.
There are 2 examples given where the promised "Affordable Housing" has been lost during the build.

It cannot be a simple mistake............can it ?
Hi

I have no doubt that some fiddles go on, but it works both ways.

There are also from time to time, quite legitimate reasons why planning permissions are varied.

An example, Brownfield sites, Contaminated land.

The survey is by test pits and boreholes, a quite reasonable thing to do.

Sometimes things are missed, a previously unknown mineshaft, hot spots of contamination etc.

Inevitable that the agreed permission is altered to reflect this.

Market Conditions also change, so what was agreed at the time is no longer relevant when construction starts.

I knew when I bought my house that there was Planning Permission for private bungalows behind me, with 25% being Social Housing for local people.

Not an issue for me, I would still keep my views of the Welsh Mountains.

The 2008 crash happened, the developer pulled out and the Council changed the permission.

It became 100% Social Housing, two and three story, no bungalows and no restrictions on Social Housing being for local residents.

No views of the Welsh Mountains, no Social Housing for locals, just a sink estate of the unemployable problem families moved out of urban areas miles away.

Net result, a 30% reduction in house prices, no compensation.

It has fallen to a Local Businessman, a capitalist, to build 8 bungalows elsewhere in the village for the local elderly who need them.

They are restricted to locals and the rents are cheaper than the Housing Association.

Not everything is a plot Bruv and therein lies the rub.

Capitalism provides the jobs and the money, it is not all bad.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 08:07 AM

This article re Grenfell poses some questions re social housing .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ell-Tower.html

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top