Join for free
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

19-05-2013, 07:30 AM

an interesting story on gayness!

I'm sure there must have been a thread on gayness but this one from the US of A makes interesting reading as it relates to young girls/women on the cusp of life and exploring their sexualities!

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...rrested-in-us/

do you think this is overkill yanky style, parents over-interference or what?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 08:03 AM

Re: an interesting story on gayness!

Once again, it would seem the age of the one girl was critical, and allowed the less liberal parents to litigate.
It does seem overkill, but I guess, a shock to the affected parents nonetheless.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Once again, it would seem the age of the one girl was critical, and allowed the less liberal parents to litigate.
It does seem overkill, but I guess, a shock to the affected parents nonetheless.
While I am very much against intolerance I think this story crosses a line in that it is about age of consent really, if the girls had both been of age no one could have done anything and it would have been an equal relationship. If it had been a heterosexual couple I would be saying the same, 2 year age gap at that age is a chasm, and the younger girl should be allowed to grow up a bit before deciding and embarking on any relationship.

But it's over kill to treat the older girl in that way there must have been a compromise that would have worked.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 09:56 AM

What if it was a 17yr old youth and he impregnated the 15yr old girl ? or is the incident seen as just a 'grope' because the 17yr old is a woman
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 10:03 AM

Mindbender said - do you think this is overkill yanky style, parents over-interference or what?

Yes, I think it is overkill and I also suspect opportunistic ($$$$). I think if many of us think back to when we were 15, 16, 17 most of us would have experienced sexually experimental and exploratory encounters and I think those experiments are perfectly normal between the same sex. It is a passing and inquisitive thing. For example many young girls have a crush on their female teacher or an older female and I believe lots of adolescent/teenage females experiment and explore their sexuality with each other. These two girls were not that far apart in age anyway and nobody can "make somebody gay" as the parents of the 15 year old are claiming. To me this is typical of the American litigation mentality and their action could have longer term damaging affect on their daughter's well-being.
Stands back and waits for the flack to fly my way.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 11:02 AM

I wouldn't be encouraging a 15 yr old to have sex with a 17 yr old whether same sex or not, at that age 2yrs is a big gap in mentality. Homosexuals are a minority and the age of consent has been set at, is it 18?,is over here I think but will stand corrected if necessary, so if they want to change the law then set about doing it but don't expect everyone to want to change it, some want their child to belong to the majority. I never felt the need to experiment with my sexuality then or now, but then I'm regarded as odd cos I don't want share sex with numerous partners, so I'm probably wrong.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

19-05-2013, 01:19 PM

unfortunately the article does not give all details - boys and girls have close and intimate relationship during their teen years without sex being consummated. I remember sleeping with a close mate of mine during my teen years during a holiday break. but the thought of us having sex would have been abhorrent - we were mad on girls!

this story does not disclose and details of a sexual nature - they can be close friends the fact that one was gay was just that - she was gay. there is also a misunderstanding that gay people want sex at the drop of a hat with same partners - not true - they want relationships - sex is different and develops at special intimate moments that doesn't always happen.

this I think is a story of extremely frightened parents who could not handle the trauma it was causing them and the only resource they felt they had was to invoke the law. I believe they have caused a lot of emotional damage to their daughter and others which could have been resolved in a much more caring way
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 02:16 PM

It does tend to read as though they're punishing the one girl for what they're unhappy about in their own daughter. I feel sorry for Kaitlin as she has now been ostracised for doing what most normal teenagers do - finding someone to date and spend time with; such a shame.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 05:10 PM

Can you imagine if parents behaved like that here, the public boarding schools would be able to keep up!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top