Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 11:33 AM

Re: Christmas present puppies

[QUOTE=Muddy;1603030]It's from your link Mups the CCTV camera video

I was looking at the one where the man threw the bed down on the pavement and the poor little thing was jumping up at the car .

I beg your pardon Muddy, I'm with you now.
I confess I hadn't watched that video, I was only reading the write ups of tiny pups being sold on line.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 08:04 AM

It's looks like 'Snoop'is going to be alright hundreds of people want to adopt him.I hope he gets a good home second time around.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...yYzt1r9GdQ7CRI
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's looks like 'Snoop'is going to be alright hundreds of people want to adopt him.I hope he gets a good home second time around.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...yYzt1r9GdQ7CRI

So glad Muddy, as I know you will be too.
The clip said he is not officially up for adoption though, not until they find the culprit who dumped him

Can't really see why? Surely finding a loving home needn't stop the investigation, and it must be better than stuck in kennels for an indefinite period?
What if they trace the owner?
tony58
London, UK
tony58 is male  tony58 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I totally agree Mups. When any of our OES had pups we always planned the event so Christmas was not Involved, there is no way I would let any become Christmas Presents. I vetted everybody who enquired and I wasn't afraid to say no if I didn't think they were suitable. One of my neighbours at the time said to me, "you know Rox, it's easier to adopt a child than get a pup from you." Thinking back, I guess she was right.
Hi Roxy. I think you are totally right. There are people who get dogs for the wrong reasons. I would like to get a dog, but it is also a bit difficult to know who the responsible sellers are too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 01:48 AM

Most sellers are not responsible they breed dogs to make money .
How are they going to vet you really and truly ?
People may seem suitable but then are not .

( The dog in the video looked well fed and cared for and obviously poor thing loved its owner )

The alternative is not to buy one get one from a dogs home .
Give a homeless dog dog a second chance
( These are not free a fairly sizeable donation is usual -which IMO is right it shows commitment )

However it has to be said this isn't easy either with some of the gatekeepers that police these operations .

This article is from the USA but it happens here too.

https://www.thedodo.com/adoption-app...190660240.html
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by tony58 ->
Hi Roxy. I think you are totally right. There are people who get dogs for the wrong reasons. I would like to get a dog, but it is also a bit difficult to know who the responsible sellers are too.
Hi Tony if you want a specific breed you can go online and look for the official breed club. In most instances, they will have a list of approved breeders who have signed up to a code of conduct which includes having tests for any health-related conditions . People should also be prepared to wait for some time for a puppy to become available.

You could of course also get a dog from a Rescue, The Dogs Trust and RSPCA have rescue sites across the country there are also breed specific rescues run by the breed clubs and many smaller local resues.
tony58
London, UK
tony58 is male  tony58 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Tony if you want a specific breed you can go online and look for the official breed club. In most instances, they will have a list of approved breeders who have signed up to a code of conduct which includes having tests for any health-related conditions . People should also be prepared to wait for some time for a puppy to become available.

You could of course also get a dog from a Rescue, The Dogs Trust and RSPCA have rescue sites across the country there are also breed specific rescues run by the breed clubs and many smaller local resues.
Thanks Meg, I'll have a look around..
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:41 AM

My neighbour told me that her son and daughter in law have bought their 3 year old a puppy for christmas, knowing the family circumstances i have my concerns . I really hope my worries dont come true .

I can see my neighbour ending up with this puppy , it will be truly loved by her so the sooner the better i say
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My neighbour told me that her son and daughter in law have bought their 3 year old a puppy for christmas, knowing the family circumstances i have my concerns . I really hope my worries dont come true .

I can see my neighbour ending up with this puppy , it will be truly loved by her so the sooner the better i say
It is hard to believe that people still do things like that. After all the publicity and the advertising over the years, people still buy animals as Christmas presents. Even worse, they don't research the needs of particular breeds.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-01-2019, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It is hard to believe that people still do things like that. After all the publicity and the advertising over the years, people still buy animals as Christmas presents. Even worse, they don't research the needs of particular breeds.

And even worse than that, buying a dog for a 3 year old???
It''' just a live toy at that age, they haven't a clue about a puppy's needs, or how to treat it, nor when it is warning them to back off - and neither have the parents by the sound of it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top