Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 02:36 PM

Flourless Chocolate Cake, Using just 5 Ingredients.

Hi again, Just sitting down after taking this out of the oven.
No doubt this recipe has appeared on OFF prior to this but thought I would bring it to the fore as I’ve made this cake several times now. If you could see my Recipe Scrap Book you would be able to see straight away how popular it is with small children's chocolate fingerprint stains on it.
It is so easy to make and my grandkids love making it and demolishing it too with a small scoop of vanilla ice-cream on top.
The only thing you will need is half a dozen bowls!!

Serves 4

Regulo - 175 degrees/gas mark 3.

INGREDIENTS

100 grams Chocolate
4 Eggs (4 yolks and 3 egg whites needed)
75 grams Butter
100 grams Sugar
Flaked Almonds

METHOD

In a heat resistant bowl, break the chocolate into small pieces and melt over hot water.
Let the chocolate cool down.

In separate bowls, separate 4 egg yolks from the whites.(you will only need 3 of the 4 egg whites).

Whisk up the 3 egg whites.

In a separate bowl, whisk the butter and sugar together. As you whisk, add the 4 egg yolks, one at a time.

Pour the chocolate into the butter and sugar mixture

Now add the 3 whisked egg whites and stir thoroughly.

Pour the chocolate mixture into a floured and buttered oven tray and garnish with flaky almonds.

Bake for about 10 minutes.

Best served (in this household) with Kelly’s Dairy Cornish vanilla ice cream !! Enjoy!.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	choc cake.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	8051   Click image for larger version

Name:	flourless.chco.dil(1) (1).jpg
Views:	194
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	8053  
Attached Images

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top