Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Gravitas
Senior Member
Gravitas is offline
North England
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,061
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-12-2018, 06:30 PM
1

What a Dull Day Christmas Eve Is

And not even any football to help fill the boredom as I wait for Christmas day (when not much will be happening either with not much on the telly then either).

Things should start returning to normal a little in a few weeks. It's just a case of "grinning and bearing it" so to speak.

I've been getting through it by recording and watching many episodes of the Simpsons - some of them the brilliant old ones.

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Ho-Ho-Ho!
Reply With Quote
cranberry's Avatar
cranberry
Senior Member
cranberry is offline
Notts, UK
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,738
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-12-2018, 06:40 PM
2

Re: What a Dull Day Christmas Eve Is

We've been out and about earlier but settling down to watch a dvd soon since there's b****r all on telly, as usual!
Reply With Quote
Floydy's Avatar
Floydy
Chatterbox
Floydy is online now
East Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 13,641
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-12-2018, 06:51 PM
3

Re: What a Dull Day Christmas Eve Is

A 2 1/4 hour gym session certainly wasn't dull for me today, definitely more interesting than football anyway (IMO).

How surprising there's nowt on TV over Christmas again! Oh well, carry on with the box set watching I guess.
Reply With Quote
Silver Tabby's Avatar
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
Silver Tabby is online now
England
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 17,681
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-12-2018, 07:37 PM
4

Re: What a Dull Day Christmas Eve Is

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
And not even any football to help fill the boredom as I wait for Christmas day (when not much will be happening either with not much on the telly then either).

Things should start returning to normal a little in a few weeks. It's just a case of "grinning and bearing it" so to speak.

I've been getting through it by recording and watching many episodes of the Simpsons - some of them the brilliant old ones.

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Ho-Ho-Ho!
You are the Grinch - and I claim my 5 finders fee!
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 38,604
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-12-2018, 08:17 PM
5

Re: What a Dull Day Christmas Eve Is

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You are the Grinch - and I claim my 5 finders fee!


You beat me to it, Tabs, well done.

Enjoy your winnings.
Reply With Quote
Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is offline
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8,429
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-12-2018, 08:44 PM
6

Re: What a Dull Day Christmas Eve Is

I've been watching daft & naff Christmas films this afternoon on TV. now my Daughter is here & we had bacon sandwiches & yule log cake for dinner, as her partner is watching something on their TV, she doesn't like. She has taken over mine to watch Emmerdale & Corrie, neither of which I watch, but I'll be back to watch EE with her at 8 p.m.


We also opened a present each earlier to still the boredom .
Reply With Quote
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Julie1962 is offline
Surrey
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 43,055
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-12-2018, 08:46 PM
7

Re: What a Dull Day Christmas Eve Is

Normal work day here. We've all only just finished and arrived home. Quite an easy evening for me not many in the office to make a mess, but I think Nathan had a hard day in A&E.
Reply With Quote
Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is offline
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8,429
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-12-2018, 08:49 PM
8

Re: What a Dull Day Christmas Eve Is

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Normal work day here. We've all only just finished and arrived home. Quite an easy evening for me not many in the office to make a mess, but I think Nathan had a hard day in A&E.
I think you do the same type of job I used to do many years ago. It was the stairs that made me retire, at 63.
Reply With Quote
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Julie1962 is offline
Surrey
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 43,055
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-12-2018, 08:53 PM
9

Re: What a Dull Day Christmas Eve Is

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I think you do the same type of job I used to do many years ago. It was the stairs that made me retire, at 63.
I'm very lucky due to my disability my boss took me off the stairs and gave me a floor that I can do on the level, even got a lift up to it. I know servest don't have a great reputation for staff reviews looking on the internet but I have found them best company I have ever worked for they are so helpful.
Reply With Quote
Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is offline
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8,429
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-12-2018, 09:11 PM
10

Re: What a Dull Day Christmas Eve Is

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm very lucky due to my disability my boss took me off the stairs and gave me a floor that I can do on the level, even got a lift up to it. I know servest don't have a great reputation for staff reviews looking on the internet but I have found them best company I have ever worked for they are so helpful.
That was good of your boss. I was my own boss cleaning for mostly private places, the last one a posh apartment block, well 2 in the same place. Mostly the outside areas, with lots of stairs, why they never put in lifts when they built them I'll never know. I cleaned a couple of the apartments too.

Sorry, Gravitas, gone off thread here.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.