Join for free
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 12:27 PM

Re: How much do you reveal on social forums ?

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I never reveal my body on the internet
Might frighten the natives........
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 12:35 PM

Or the horses ....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 12:37 PM

I'm quite open on here. I chat in much the same was as I would to a group of people at a dinner party.

I speak about my family - I've posted photo's and if something upsets me I go to the private section to discuss it with my forum friends.

What exactly could happen to me with all this information I've given out?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 12:41 PM

I am to trust worthy I know this.
I waffle to much in pm's,I can't help it I am a waffler.
I cannot help it being open about my life.
Mind I did post some family pictures a while back in the summer of a day out.
But I deleted them within hours having had a rethink about showing off my grandchildren, (you never know do you.)

I certainly would not have been a good spy.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm quite open on here. I chat in much the same was as I would to a group of people at a dinner party.

I speak about my family - I've posted photo's and if something upsets me I go to the private section to discuss it with my forum friends.

What exactly could happen to me with all this information I've given out?
Well nothing has happened to me carol other than members sometimes use it to beat me over the head about instead of talking about the topic in hand,

It would be nice if we had an area we could post pictures privately, I don't post them because they are so public.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 01:05 PM

I probably have revealed too much on another forum. I was....stalked is too strong a word.....followed around on there by someone, I think I mentioned it on another thread, but although I found it disconcerting I realised eventually this person was probably just lonely and wanted to be friends. It was scary at the beginning though.

I've also been followed in real life too, which was a bit more full on, so it's not just online that problems can occur by revealing too much.

However....you never know what nutters are out there, do you? If someone is disturbed enough to stalk you online there's not much you can do about it really, you just have to hope it doesn't happen to you.

I am a bit more reserved on here as a result of previous experience, but as I think it was Julie said, there's little point in trying to converse if everything is kept in reserve.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

It would be nice if we had an area we could post pictures privately, I don't post them because they are so public.
Julie, if you post them as attachments rather than using an image hosting site they can only be viewed by members who are logged in. I think that's about as private as it can get.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 01:11 PM

I am also quite open, but only ever say I am near Thurso when talking about the farm. It's a place most people know and it's easily found on a map. But as to my partners farms location I never say where it is.
I revealed a good bit about myself when I did my turn in the Hot Seat, I have also posted a good few photos, but only for a short time and then I remove them. Too many guests on here for my liking and anyone could do anything with them. In fact after the last one received remarks I was annoyed about, I have decided that no more personal ones of any of my family will appear on the threads, just views ect..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Julie, if you post them as attachments rather than using an image hosting site they can only be viewed by members who are logged in. I think that's about as private as it can get.
Thanks nicol.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 01:33 PM

I do and I don't.
I never post personal pics.
I agree with you Muddy, be careful.
I have learnt that trolls use the information that upsets you against you.

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top