Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 12:31 PM

Quick and Easy Egg Bites

Morning everyone, Happy New Year!

Made these this morning for the second time.
They really are nice, no fuss to do and the oven does all the work. Any left over will keep in the fridge for up to two days as a breakfast on the go or midday lunchtime snack.

Preheat oven to 350/180/GAS 4

INGREDIENTS
1 x handful of tomato
4 x slices of Ham
4 x eggs
1 x handful of grated cheese

METHOD
Whisk up your omelette mix in a mug or a jug.
Grease a muffin tin.
Fill each muffin pocket with the omelette mix.
Bake in the oven for between 15 and 20 minutes.

ADDITIONAL INFO
You can add anything you like to your mix. When I made these I added already cooked two finely chopped streaky bacon rashers and a small handful of chopped mushrooms, (I always find a use for leftovers!). Next time I might try some chopped cooked onion or perhaps spinach and spring onion. This morning I just served them with a thick slice of buttered toast. Yum.

Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	egg bites 3.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	8318   Click image for larger version

Name:	egg bites 4.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	8319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Egg bites 2.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	8320   Click image for larger version

Name:	Egg Bites.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	8321  
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 12:35 PM

Re: Quick and Easy Egg Bites

I do these minus the meat with added mushrooms. Poppins we call them. Think it was a recipe from my first childhood cookbook the penguin pictorial cook book it was.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 12:47 PM

They sound lovely Shrops. Can they be reheated or do you have to eat them straight away?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They sound lovely Shrops. Can they be reheated or do you have to eat them straight away?
Hi LD, I reheat them. I originally make 6 in my six bun muffin tin, have two each for breakfast, Once cooled I put the remaining two in a small tupperware container and pop them into the fridge to prevent bacteria forming. When using the remaining two within two days, I take out of fridge and put them onto a plate for 30 minutes just to come to room temperature (they keep happily for two days in fridge). I then blast them for 20 seconds on high in the microwave and have them for a midday snack.

Would not recommend heating left over egg bites other than in the microwave.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 04:36 PM

These are great ShropshireG Ive made them before...a perfect snack and useful for using up leftovers too...I love food like this. Simple and quick to make no fussing. Thanks for posting your recipe

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top